Incoming Transfer Portal Tracker

8 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Nice to see some interest from the portal, but good Lord how many are we looking at and who are the takes?  QB, DL, safety are thin/weaker spots, but do we take another WR?

We will start seeing some ND departures too

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Synoptico said:

We will start seeing some ND departures too

Yeah I get it that we will have some also.  Still trying to get used to everything with all the movement one way or another.  I would have a hard time following this at one of the schools that have double digits leaving and coming in.  It isn't the good ol days with one recruiting class coming, guys graduating, then selecting some 5th years to offer to stay.

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, coltssb said:

It is crazy with all this. But at this point I see a new guy enter the portal daily and ND should be in on him. Who is really realistic and who is really wanting to come to ND. Too crazy for me. I enjoy the quiet life. 

Who is or isn't is up to the ND and admissions, getting regular transfer undergrads seems to be more difficult based on others discussions.  Graduate transfers not as difficult I guess since they have their degree.

Right there with you on the quiet life, change is bad lol.

The NCAA has to limit the portal process.  Covid extra year, the Portal Window, Red Shirts,  Delayed Injury Red Shirts, eliminating the year wait to play, Opt Outs (Used to be a rarity) and NIL have all happened in like the last 30 months. 

Players should have to wait 2 years to transfer, and get to do it one time, during one window.  They should also not let any NIL deals been booked/contracted while a player is considering transferring.  Otherwise, its paid free agency. 

This is the NCAA, tho.  So I am sure they will frig it up.   

Drew Pyne is a 22 year old Junior - and has THREE YEARS of eligibility left for ASU.  

JT Daniels has played on 4 teams in 4 years.   This stuff is idiotic. 

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, NDLincPark said:

The NCAA has to limit the portal process.  Covid extra year, the Portal Window, Red Shirts,  Delayed Injury Red Shirts, eliminating the year wait to play, Opt Outs (Used to be a rarity) and NIL have all happened in like the last 30 months. 

Players should have to wait 2 years to transfer, and get to do it one time, during one window.  They should also not let any NIL deals been booked/contracted while a player is considering transferring.  Otherwise, its paid free agency. 

This is the NCAA, tho.  So I am sure they will frig it up.   

Drew Pyne is a 22 year old Junior - and has THREE YEARS of eligibility left for ASU.  

JT Daniels has played on 4 teams in 4 years.   This stuff is idiotic. 

Technically they can only transfer once as an undergrad without sitting out. Daniel's first transfer was from before that process and he got a waiver. 

The NCAA has allowed immediately playing for grad transfers. Daniels has grad transfered twice. The logic and original reason, which is good and fair, is a student should be able to transfer to another school for grad programs as the original school may not have the program etc. 

The covid year will die out as will people who got the waivers before the imediate transfer rule. It will stabalize

• Heart 1

ND does not have a rule against undergrad transfers.  The admission office may make it difficult, but we have taken them in the past.  For example, we got Alohi Gilman from Navy and I think Carlisle was from USC.  I think that there might be a couple of more examples.  

In women's hoops, we have also taken undergrad transfers.  I think that admissions must have some latitude.  I hope Freeman can be persuasive to get guys in there.  

6 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

Wonder if Hartman moves the needle for any potential transfers, either staying or coming?

Would think it would definitely help. Andrel Anthony (Michigan transfer) just tweeted his ND offer (also offered him back in HS and he was a serious target). Maybe CJ Williams comes back to ND - one time commit who decommitted because of his worries regarding ND's passing attack. Maybe some new names emerge as well.