Outgoing Transfer Portal Tracker

2 minutes ago, SpeedsterX said:

Would anyone be surprised if it was Angeli? He's 3rd string now here and we have a 5 Star coming in and just got a verbal from a 4 Star.

I'd imagine it has to be either Angeli or Buchner leaving.  I can't see both staying.  Someone else mentioned Buchner has a sister coming in the next class so he could be more likely to stay.  Who knows. 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'd imagine it has to be either Angeli or Buchner leaving.  I can't see both staying.  Someone else mentioned Buchner has a sister coming in the next class so he could be more likely to stay.  Who knows. 

Paige (his sister) is coming to ND for soccer. His older sister is a Vball player at Call.

And IIRC he has another sister, who is a rising Vball player too (early HS or late middle school). 

His mom is a Yale grad (athlete), and a big academics family. 

Paige could impact things, but doubt it is something that seals anything. Wouldn't be shocked if he went to any of the high academic schools in Cali/PAC. 

• Cheers 1

I don’t see one quarterback leaving this fall. Pyne loves ND. Buchner will get the chance to be the starter and be in the lead over everyone else. Angeli just completed his freshman year and doesn’t have any game tape. That leaves Minchey who is incoming. If I had to guess it would be Angeli. But he would be going to a Mac school at this point. The portal is loaded with experienced guys. What big program is going to take a guy who’s handed it off 8 times in his career?

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

I don’t see one quarterback leaving this fall. Pyne loves ND. Buchner will get the chance to be the starter and be in the lead over everyone else. Angeli just completed his freshman year and doesn’t have any game tape. That leaves Minchey who is incoming. If I had to guess it would be Angeli. But he would be going to a Mac school at this point. The portal is loaded with experienced guys. What big program is going to take a guy who’s handed it off 8 times in his career?

Also true.  While he(Angeli) probably will not be transferring to a school that he(Angeli) would be immediately starting, I am sure he could find a school that has an easier path to the starting job than having to deal with a probable incoming grad transfer, an incoming 4* recruit(Minchey), and an incoming 5* recruit(Carr) the following year. 

The players that I believe are pondering it are:
Offense:
QBs will depend on a lot of different things, hard to predict now
RB - Tyree - just has not been used correctly and Estime/Diggs are clearly ahead of him on the depth chart (I still think he could be our biggest weapon)
WR - Styles - he may want to try and put up big numbers somewhere like Texas Tech or Houston
OL - Baker - stuck behind Alt and Fisher
OL - Carmody - May get a shot at competing for the Guard spots
TE - Bauman - Evans has done well and Raridon and Staes have already shown they are capable of being starters
TE - Berrong - same, I think they could both stay until after spring practice when they know how the depth chart looks when Mayer leaves.

Defense: Most of these positions may not play out right away until they see how the depth chart is shaking out in spring ball.
DL - Osafa-Mensah - spring ball
DL - Keanaaina - spring ball
DL - Onye - Spring ball
DL - Botelho - unhappy with how this season went
LB - Ekwonu - buried on depth chart
LB - Kiser - may get passed on the depth chart next year
LB - Kollie - may be unhappy with his playing time this year
LB - Schweitzer - buried on depth chart
CB - Riley - buried on depth chart
CB - Lewis - lost his starting job
CB - Barnes - buried on depth chart
CB - Tucker - buried on depth chart
S - Walter - spring ball

There are no rumors about transfers right now, this is all my personal opinion (that I believe most ND fans would agree with)

• Heart 3

41 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

TE - Bauman - Evans has done well and Raridon and Staes have already shown they are capable of being starters
TE - Berrong - same, I think they could both stay until after spring practice when they know how the depth chart looks when Mayer leaves.

My fear with the TEs is someone transfers out and Raridon continues to have knee issues.  

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, coltssb said:

This is a great point. If you’re one year away why would you leave MD without a degree?

Tyree comes to mind?  

I know Wilkins is going to be a grad transfer so he has his degree.  Lacey not sure.  But regardless, to your point I couldn't tell you.  Maybe they'd rather go start elsewhere and get a cupcake degree and get an easier path to the NFL.  Maybe go back to school and get their ND degree after they retire from the NFL.  Maybe they just don't care about the degree and just want to get to the NFL.

Lacey and Wilkins were both grad transfers.  Underclassmen have to wait until next week I think to formally enter the portal (announcements happening already).  For Lacey and Wilkins (and most kids) I expect it's about getting time, film, and a legit NFL chance in a small career window.  Both good players, but in a rotation with ND - at best.

Hoosier - great list!  No one would shock me, but I'd be bummed to see Styles, Bauman, Kollie, or Botelho (all possible starters) - although I'd understand their thinking.  If the QB's stick around to compete for spring ball, they're gonna be hard pressed to start somewhere else - couldn't blame Angeli, either...Tyree, sure.  I bet Pyne and Buchner stay put no matter what.

Frankly, I hope they all stick, get in the weight and film room, and bring it in the spring.  Spring ball is going to be really interesting this year!  ND has some good problems to solve for the first time in awhile.  Also tons of EE freshmen looking to get on the field now!

Edited by JeffV
  • Heart 3

Oh, and Clarence Lewis - would hate to see him go, but he's in a tough spot.  Hart announced he's coming back so that's great news!  Morrison, Mickey, and a couple strong recruits coming in.  I even liked Philip Riley's improvement last year.  Good problems...

Obviously, just my opinion but I don’t see a ton of transfers like some are predicting. At least not guys that could be starters. 

Defense…

Walters, yes.  Barnes or Riley possibly yes because of the Hart decision. I think Lewis stays and goes nickel, corner, safety. Call me crazy I know. 
I think all the linebackers stay. Sneed or Kollie can remember who can barely make 215lbs. If he bulks up then he could start. Hard to be a linebacker at that size. They’ll rotate a lot more than they have this year for next year. 
Defensive line would definitely be crazy if anyone left. That depth is going to take a hit. Only guy I can see leave is Ehrshberger(sp). 
Offensive line- call me crazy again but I think Kristofic leaves. I think Hiestand goes with Strauth. I also think Spindler leaves. Yep, you saw that right. I just think he would be playing more if he was even somewhat ready. That’s the same reason for Kristofic leaving. He should of played more when Patterson was hurt but they didn’t if I remember correctly. Baker, no. Met him. Such a nice guy. Can’t see it. Could be wrong. 
I’ve already mention no on all qb’s. Wide outs would be dumb to leave. 
Tight ends is the question. Does one of them think they are better than the next. Also, who’s injured and back healthy. 
soooooo…

Again, only “my opinion” but I have 

Riley, Barnes, Walters, Ehrshberger, Kristofic, Spindler, Sherwood, Bauman, Tyree, and Ekwonu. 

For a total of ten. Which is what has happened most recently to the roster in the off-season. 

• Heart 2

I bet you're real close.

It's just so easy to transfer now.  If a guy has NFL aspirations, and most of them do, they sign the letter and find a place they can start.  I don't see us losing many impact guys.

I wouldn't see Kristofic and Spindler leaving before spring.  2 open positions for maybe 4 guys (Carmody, Coogan).  I hear you on Rocco, seems they would have feathered him in there some, but he looked good in the spring IMO - he'll develop.

As with the LB's, the offseason will show who's going to put in the work.  Sneed is 19 now - he'll put on 10 lbs even if he's a "hardgainer" - they probably see him at 225 tops, anyway.  Kollie should, too.  O-Line will.  Young D-Line will gain strength.

We'll be relying on a few new faces for depth, but almost every position group (except OL) is in better shape next year IMO.  I believe our D-Line improves over the course of a year.  Ademilola might even come back???

ND 2023 version is faster, stronger...although less experienced no doubt.  Could be fun!

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Why would Sherwood leave? He was a walk-on who earned a scholarship, No other team would take him. He wouldnt be considered much of a loss either. He was a pure blocking TE that was average at blocking...

Only think i can think of is to go down a level, but agree with you