Official 2022 Fall Practice Tid Bits Thread

6 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Was McFerson the kid they signed last year who was supposed to be the best kicking prospect in the country?  I don't remember which class he was signed to.  5* as per kicking standards from what I remember reading.

Yeah those kicking camps/coaches/services are tricky though, Its hard to get a consistent ranking because all the kickers don't often get together. ND usually does fairly well finding them though

9 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Yeah those kicking camps/coaches/services are tricky though, Its hard to get a consistent ranking because all the kickers don't often get together. ND usually does fairly well finding them though

But was McFerson the one I am thinking of or was it someone else?  

12 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

2 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

But was McFerson the one I am thinking of or was it someone else?  

Just went back and looked, it was Josh Bryan.  McFerson was recruited as a punter.  What happen to Bryan?

9 hours ago, Soko said:

So what's the general summary. Who is good and who is bad?

10 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Did Tommy or Al say anything important?  I’m not a video person, unfortunately…prefer to read it.

You both probably can guess  I strongly dislike typing because my Cerebral Palsy limits me to 9 words per minute. So you will generally see pictures and videos from me. Sorry if I wanted to do sports journalism I'd be having a body that disliked me every single day.

That said,

Here's a summary:

The offense had A QB competition for the first week and landed on Buchner

The defense has focused on red zone a whole bunch.

The injuries I heard about  were Avery Davis, season ending knee and Patterson's foot injury ended his camp Questionable for Ohio State.

I've heard the wideouts have impressed (increased reps) and the running backs were always good

Defensively I have not heard much but I do know they are holding their own, vs our offense which could be good and bad.

As last year they won't commit to 1 scheme, its more of an NFL defense by my definition. College defenses to me are like Bob Diaco's. NFL defenses are like Bama's in that they have calls for each down and distance and disguises.

I hoping the scheme is not too much for college kids but I think Golden will adapt

Special teams has seen an improvement

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1