'24 MI QB CJ Carr [ND Verbal]

5 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Man. If that is the setup you are a gumshoe. I would of never even thought twice about anything. 

Tom Loy from 247 was hinting about that on Twitter, so there may be something there.

Personally, I'd rather him stay in '24. I see multiple benefits: (1) he gets another year of HS to get better; (2) he can be the face of the class and be a Blake Fisher/Drayk Bowen - he has really connected with some elite '24 guys, including 5-star MO WR Ryan Wingo; and (3) he wouldn't join ND until June '23 if he reclassifies, whereas he would EE in '24 and join in January '24 - I don't think that 6 month difference is big deal because Buchner will likely be here through the 2024 season and Carr can still RS his freshman year in '24, whereas he might have to sit on the bench for two years (2023 and 2024) if he reclassifies.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Tom Loy from 247 was hinting about that on Twitter, so there may be something there.

Personally, I'd rather him stay in '24. I see multiple benefits: (1) he gets another year of HS to get better; (2) he can be the face of the class and be a Blake Fisher/Drayk Bowen - he has really connected with some elite '24 guys, including 5-star MO WR Ryan Wingo; and (3) he wouldn't join ND until June '23 if he reclassifies, whereas he would EE in '24 and join in January '24 - I don't think that 6 month difference is big deal because Buchner will likely be here through the 2024 season and Carr can still RS his freshman year in '24, whereas he might have to sit on the bench for two years (2023 and 2024) if he reclassifies.

Regarding your 2nd and third points. I think that can be an advantage. bethe face of the class, but also be a super early enrollee. IE still recruit them, then during in season OV, he can host them and already have the relationships and provide the perspective as a player

• Heart 2

22 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Regarding your 2nd and third points. I think that can be an advantage. bethe face of the class, but also be a super early enrollee. IE still recruit them, then during in season OV, he can host them and already have the relationships and provide the perspective as a player

In this day and age. I say get them to school first and then worry about it. Care seems like ND 100 percent no and ifs or butts. But I trust no one now. Get in in to the school. And if he wants to still recruit the class go right ahead. 

20223 vs 2024 may come down to how well Buchner plays.  If we do not sign another good QB and if our exiting QB's play poorly perhaps Carr will then decide to enroll in 2023

Either way he will learn more at ND sitting on the bench than he will in High School so perhaps just personal choice / what kind of high school experience does he want to have. 

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...