2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

3 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

Florida can’t even pay its current commits….  How are they going to pay for others…

Singer said he felt Hayes was a Florida lean. Maybe this weekend will change things. TBH, I wish ND could only take the higher rated Smith Brother but they’re 100% a package deal. 

12 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

I'm confused by your comment. Are you upset that they're recruiting at all (because you think he's a bad prospect), or are you worried that recruiting Prescod will impact their ability to recruit Lambert?

I’m worried they’re prioritizing Prescod over Lambert. Hiestand might be a great developer but he’s not a great recruiter. He really botched the LT position when he stopped recruiting Freeling after he got Page. It feels like he’s more concerned about signability than working harder to get the best prospect.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, XanderCrews said:

I’m worried they’re prioritizing Prescod over Lambert. Hiestand might be a great developer but he’s not a great recruiter. He really botched the LT position when he stopped recruiting Freeling after he got Page. It feels like he’s more concerned about signability than working harder to get the best prospect.

Thanks. I can't speak to any of that, but I did see Tom Loy say that today was a "Midwest blitz" (link below). That could explain a push for Prescod over Lambert at the moment, but I don't have any insight into the overall plan.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Notre-Dame-Hitting-the-Midwest-Hard-to-Recruit-on-Friday-202832178/

1 hour ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Thanks. I can't speak to any of that, but I did see Tom Loy say that today was a "Midwest blitz" (link below). That could explain a push for Prescod over Lambert at the moment, but I don't have any insight into the overall plan.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Notre-Dame-Hitting-the-Midwest-Hard-to-Recruit-on-Friday-202832178/

I’m worried that Lambert isn’t part of this weekend’s event. He’s a high academic kid who was teammates with Traore in the ‘23 class. 

Scott commits on the 31st. If ND doesn’t get him, Washington’s ass better be on the hot seat. He drug his feet on this recruitment. And if he goes somewhere else, I don’t want to hear the BS NIL excuse. That doesn’t cut it here. Freeman is a great recruiter, but he needs to make some of his staff (Washington, O’Leary) up their game. 

Coaches on a Chicago Blitz, presumably meet with J. Scott recently; yesterday, J Scott announces a commitment day for the end of the month, ND was his dream school, he is in a very pro-ND high school, and values education.

Honestly, seems like there is some optimism that ND lands him, but still up in the air on who the favorite is. 

• Heart 1