2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

If ND lands Scott it won't be due to Coach Washington's efforts.  Scott himself said that basically, he hears from Washington occasionally.  Nothing like what you would expect for a 5 star that's likely to be in the top 5 rated '24 recruits.  Seems as though Scott and his family value education 1st but still want to feel good about the fit, staff and a fair NIL arrangement.  If I were Freeman, I would take over this recruitment immediately.  Bowden should have been monitoring Scott's recruitment and realized that it was falling short.  I hope it isn't too late.  I believe if ND paid the appropriate amount of attention to Scott and his recruitment, he would have been a lock. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Big, what’s your take on junior day yesterday? From all accounts and all what I’ve seen it sounds like ND hit it out of the park with the group there.

You are correct. With NIL and the way things are currently I hesitate to get too far ahead with these reports. Hopefully the staff learned some things from last year and it works this year. 

Edited by Big23Head

3 hours ago, Big23Head said:

You are correct. With NIL and the way things are currently I hesitate to get too far ahead with these reports. Hopefully the staff learned some things from last year and it works this year. 

We hired a badass to head our NIL, so I finally feel like NIL won’t be a problem for ND and actually could separate us since we have the donors…. It’s about time…

• Trophy 1

19 minutes ago, irishwavend said:

We hired a badass to head our NIL, so I finally feel like NIL won’t be a problem for ND and actually could separate us since we have the donors…. It’s about time…

Who is the badass that was hired? I really don’t know. 

Just to recap: Crystal Balls today for:

Bryce Young, 247 4*, (listed as LB but will probably play DL) #198 overall; #19 DL - 6'5" 240+

Styles Prescod, 247 4*, #353 overall; #26 OT - 6'6" 280

Jacob Smith, 247 4*, #97 overall; #9 edge - 6'5" 225

Jerod Smith, 247 4*, #219 overall; #23 DL - 6'3" 265

• Heart 2

BTW, Styles Prescod might be underrated; Just received offers from ND, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Penn St in past 2-3 days. Previously, Iowa, Purdue, Cincinnati, Kentucky, Duke, Pitt, and Louisville were his best offers and they were made last fall. 

Curious if Styles has added height and/or weight and that changed folks thoughts about him.

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 1