2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

13 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Totally agree. Seems like no way he ends up at ND. More money and better weather down south. I’d love to see him wearing blue and gold but I suspect ND will only see him in a bowl game in the future. 

I will be curious to see how this recruitment goes. One of those watch what they do not what they say...again. I think ND is much more fine losing this one though as Scott is not a day 1 guy right now. I'd like to see him at a couple of camps and All-American game against other comp. I get wanting to lock down local high level prospects, but I do not think he is a can't miss either. 

9 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I will be curious to see how this recruitment goes. One of those watch what they do not what they say...again. I think ND is much more fine losing this one though as Scott is not a day 1 guy right now. I'd like to see him at a couple of camps and All-American game against other comp. I get wanting to lock down local high level prospects, but I do not think he is a can't miss either. 

In zero way am I person to judge talent. But my eyes tell me this about Scott. Sure I’d love to have him and his size. But from his film, he reminds me of a dline men that I used to play high school football with…. Anyways, looks like he has an advantage on every one he plays and basically just bullies them with a quick first step and bull rush. But if the play isn’t there he kinda jogs to the ball carrier when it goes to the sideline. Be curious as you said what he would do at other camps with guys equally as strong as him where he can’t just bull rush them. 

• Heart 1

The Chicago Catholic school division is really tough to gage.  It's like a 16-team super conference with teams of all size schools.  I believe you play the 4 schools in your same division, then alternate and play other schools every so often.

A good proxy would be to see film of him playing Marist, Brother Rice or Mount Carmel, whom they are supposed to play this year. Loyola Academy is another but I don't think Ignatius played them last year. They also play schools like Marmion Academy who are much smaller and would likely have 180 pound d-limemen. Nazareth Academy (Julian Love, JJ McCarthy, etc.) are also usually on the schedule, but as good as their teams are, they are more known for their skill guys.

• Heart 1

The visitors this week should be:

June 2

TX RB Kedren Young

MA OL Guerby Lambert

IN OL Styles Prescod

TX S Paul Mencke Jr.

LA S Anthony Robinson (Camp Visit)

GA OL Anthonie Knapp [ND Verbal]

PA OL Peter Jones [ND Verbal]

June 4

IN S Brauntae Johnson

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 1

I removed him a while back but FYI

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Would like to see ND wrap up the OL here soon with the big upcoming visits.

I could envision everything but the bigger wants/names (Rushing, Scott, Beasley) wrapping up. June/July could be very exciting for ND. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Big23Head said:

I could envision everything but the bigger wants/names (Rushing, Scott, Beasley) wrapping up. June/July could be very exciting for ND. 

OL - Lambert and Prescod would be big to me!   Linemen are hard to project (for me) at the next level.  I'd take 6 if we could get 'em.  Then you make sure you keep the ones you like.

In the spirit of off-season (work is slow this week), I'm feeling a Safety commit coming soon, so I did a deeper dive than normal.  This is my 2 cents, so please help me with any intel.

Safeties - upcoming visits for Johnson, Mencke, Andrews, & Robinson-  all look possible.  Given we have Urlacher in the class, who would we take?  We taking 2 more?  Who do we favor here?

They all have their senior year to go, but...I took a surface look at each of them on film and scouting sites, interviews.  IMO:

-Brauntae Johnson is raw.  6'3, skinny.  Good frame, though.  Moves well, but not yet powerful, still a bit gangly last fall.  "Athlete" is accurate.  I'd see him as a slot safety to start, so fills a need, but I don't think he's ready as a freshman - high ceiling potential, though.  Man coverage ability will define his early contribution potential.  Indiana kid - ND his dream school.  Probably take him no matter what as he looks super-versatile.

-Paul Mencke jumps out to me, but also still raw.  Big upside.   6'2.  Looks to have all-around safety skills, slot or high safety - great field awareness,  WR skills to high-point the ball.  Game speed looks very good, but he's not track fast.  Looks like big time Texas football, but  I don't know the level of competition for sure.  He often looks dominant.  Tackles well, seeks contact.  Reads very well.  Kyle Hamilton mold.

-Anthony Robinson is a wildcard IMO.  6'1.  Fast for sure.  Played a lot in the slot and underneath as a SS.  Breaks up in run support like a LB.  Not sure he has the frame to add enough weight to play rover, but shades of Owusu-Koromoah in his ability to defend on the line of scrimmage, shed blocks, contain, and tackle.  Obviously a long way from here to there, but great potential.  His speed would be game-changing at LB.  Runs track, could get even faster.  Not sure on his coverage ability yet to project him as FS, but nickel and run support skills, he has for sure.

-Davis Andrews.  Football player, just that.  6'2.  I'd say he's good at everything football, not yet great at any one thing.  Could see him as another future LB, but he's tough to project.  I don't think he moves well enough to stay at DB, frankly, but everyone speaks really high of the kid (coaches, scouts) in the way he approaches the game and how he works.

It's hit or miss who might make the early verbal, and will be interesting if the rest of them go away after that (or offers get pulled).  If I could only have 1 I'd have to go Robinson for the track speed.  Gimme 2 and I'll take Tae Johnson as a Swiss army knife project.

• Cheers 1