2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

Edited by Big23Head

On 6/20/2023 at 2:12 PM, AnTostal said:

Apps are being developed right now that tell each college player’s NIL value and how you can contribute immediately to the player’s unique NIL site. Like that the QB just threw an 80 yard TD to the stud receiver?  Open the app, find the players, and send 50 bucks to each of their NIL sites. Enough people do that, every game, it’s going to make the athletes ridiculously well-paid. More TV exposure, more chances for fans to contribute. 
This genie is so far out of the bottle, theres nothing that’s going to rein it in. 
How should ND position itself?  Who knows?  But mass market exposure, however that takes place, will add appeal. 

You know what’s crazy. I was shopping with my wife our little girl at Target recently and three highschool boys approach us randomly and ask can we sing for you guys. Then they name three types of genres to choose from. But before they sing they would like for us to “tip them”. Haha. They had a card reader on their phone ready to sing and get paid. I said, get the f out of here. But yes, the way people are making money today is crazy insane and weird. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

29 minutes ago, coltssb said:

You know what’s crazy. I was shopping with my wife our little girl at Target recently and three highschool boys approach us randomly and ask can we sing for you guys. Then they name three types of genres to choose from. But before they sing they would like for us to “tip them”. Haha. They had a card reader on their phone ready to sing and get paid. I said, get the f out of here. But yes, the way people are making money today is crazy insane and weird. 

You must know not about things like Only fans etc if you thinks that's weird.  I think there was a recent poll for kids on what occupation you want to work when you get older, "influencer" was at or near the top.  SMDH

3 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

You must know not about things like Only fans etc if you thinks that's weird.  I think there was a recent poll for kids on what occupation you want to work when you get older, "influencer" was at or near the top.  SMDH

For some reason, my Only Fan page doesn't have any followers. Doesn't anyone want to tune in to a slightly over weight straight guy in his 50's who keeps his clothes on?

• Cheers 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

Oh I have. But it’s getting crazier on how kids are trying to come up with money. 
Jbrown  nobody wants to look at your dirty sandaled feet…:)

Anyways, back on topic. 
Is Ziegler still a take?  Heard rumors that some aren’t all in agreement. Who knows if that’s true. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

1 hour ago, JeffV said:

Seems like they're potentially overfilling the safety room but mostly with athletes. Recipe for position change (or transfers).

I will always take Lou's approach, you can't  coach speed.  Get the best athletes on the field.  Safeties are turned into linebackers, linebackers become DE's and DL, WR and RB may get put on defense in the secondary.  About the only positions who didn't get moved were OL and kickers it seemed under him.

52 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Give me 100 players every four years, The portal will figure it out.

I more or less agree with this sentiment.  I get the sense the staff is essentially recruiting a 20-22 man "normal class" then adding 5-7 "diamond in the rough" high potential low floor players.  I think there will be a lot more players outside the normal rankings we are used to. If we get a 25 man class I think you can assume 15 make it to their senior year at ND.  I hope this evolves but this is the sense I get now.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, stay4awhile said:

I more or less agree with this sentiment.  I get the sense the staff is essentially recruiting a 20-22 man "normal class" then adding 5-7 "diamond in the rough" high potential low floor players.  I think there will be a lot more players outside the normal rankings we are used to. If we get a 25 man class I think you can assume 15 make it to their senior year at ND.  I hope this evolves but this is the sense I get now.

Tend to agree.  Everything has been turned upside down from the norm we have been used to at ND and college football as a whole with NIL and the portal.

Right or wrong, it appears that the staff is pruning the roster, which was something that was unheard of at ND at least in the past.  An athletic scholarship was honored for four years here.  Now it seems that the staff will cull under performing athletes in favor of recruits or the portal.  It may not be popular with many, but it's what the top programs do to get the best talent they can and win with it.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

That’s the flip side of getting paid.  As an employee, you don’t produce, you can get laid off

Yep, be careful what you wish for because there are always unintended or unforseen consequences.  If ND is going this way, I hope they are completely transparent about these possibilities with the athletes.

Tend to agree.  Everything has been turned upside down from the norm we have been used to at ND and college football as a whole with NIL and the portal.

Right or wrong, it appears that the staff is pruning the roster, which was something that was unheard of at ND at least in the past.  An athletic scholarship was honored for four years here.  Now it seems that the staff will cull under performing athletes in favor of recruits or the portal.  It may not be popular with many, but it's what the top programs do to get the best talent they can and win with it.

Jesse, what in particular makes you think “the staff is pruning the roster”? I don’t follow the outgoing players closely at all, so maybe I’m just missing it. Not saying it isn’t happening, what makes you think it is?

5 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I will always take Lou's approach, you can't  coach speed.  Get the best athletes on the field.  Safeties are turned into linebackers, linebackers become DE's and DL, WR and RB may get put on defense in the secondary.  About the only positions who didn't get moved were OL and kickers it seemed under him.

TEs became OL though