2024 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Im a little surprised they would take his commitment so early

Good player, high motor, paired with 2023 and I think he is a nice addition. He will slide inside on the DL. Also, likely a projection somewhat. Check out this article: 247: Details on Notre Dame Recruit Owen Wafle

Dad is 6'6+, Owen allegedly has a ~6'10 wingspan, nice explosion for a big guy too

Edited by Big23Head

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Good player, high motor, paired with 2023 and I think he is a nice addition. He will slide inside on the DL. Also, likely a projection somewhat. Check out this article: 247: Details on Notre Dame Recruit Owen Wafle

Dad is 6'6+, Owen allegedly has a ~6'10 wingspan, nice explosion for a big guy too

Taking 5 in this class you'd think the 24 class would have less.  And you think it would be only big game hunting considering what we got in 23 and the 1 we got in 24

34 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Taking 5 in this class you'd think the 24 class would have less.  And you think it would be only big game hunting considering what we got in 23 and the 1 we got in 24

The ND staff may believe that they are big game hunting by taking Owen. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Also, even though Hinish panned out. We don’t or shouldn’t be relying on guys like him to hold the fort down. Depth is always the answer. 

True. Wafle also plays like the Hinish boys with a high level of athleticism and much greater physical growth potential. If it happens, huge win. If not, strong depth. 

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

The ND staff may believe that they are big game hunting by taking Owen. 

I dont think so.  But IB said they like him as a nose guard which makes more sense.  He's definitely a good player.  I just think it was a little early.  Never hurts to land quality football players with very strong work ethics though

Edited by golson5

The guy is already 6' 3'' 270. He will easily be able to get to 300. I think he is going to be a dominant interior DL. I think Freeman nailed this. His first step is quick, real quick. I love this get and think he is under rated.

Edited by ndfanatic78
  • Heart 1