'24 MI DL Brandon Davis-Swain Commit

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The Captain 19 said:

Took a visit to scUM Saturday. Gross. 

He didn’t look convicted nor was dressed in UM garb so we’ll see..

I think he is all ND so long as ND can perform in the field. 

ND starts getting railroaded and he’ll start doubting his choice.. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:53 AM, TexasDomer said:

And ND will perform on the field…… when?

I’m straight up worried about every recruit.

Heck, I’m even worried about the younger, highly-rated coming out of high school players currently on the team. If ND loses a few more games, that transfer portal might start looking awfully tempting. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but he has decommitted from the Irish. Seems mutual between ND and Davis-Swain.

Welp I am happy when a kid decommits over a year out. It's the kid two weeks before signing day that pulls the rug out from underneath us that hurts the most. I wish him luck. We have plenty of time to find his replacement. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Gotcha. Bummer

So Ryan Roberts mentioned something about it on the public podcast for Irish Breakdown on Youtube, so I believe that is open to public consumption. The Davis-Swain family wanted promises that Notre Dame was not willing to fulfill. Shaun Davis thought the dad was very... eccentric, while Brandon was very chill and collected.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1

6 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

So Ryan Roberts mentioned something about it on the public podcast for Irish Breakdown on Youtube, so I believe that is open to public consumption. The Davis-Swain family wanted promises that Notre Dame was not willing to fulfill. Shaun Davis thought the dad was very... eccentric, while Brandon was very chill and collected.

So a situation of another needy parent living through their kids and (assuming) a chunk of NIL money.  Bummer for the kid if he’s the chill one dealing with a dad like that.