2023 Recruit Visits

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Would be a huge surprise, I almost thought like things had cooled down with Caleb Downs, but then he did lock in that visit for BG Game pretty early on.

Yeah. I think he's a hard pull with the level of connections he has at UNC but swing for the fence. 

13 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Yeah. I think he's a hard pull with the level of connections he has at UNC but swing for the fence. 

True, but this staff is closing on athletes they "didnt have a shot with." This staff is truly amazing when it comes to recruiting.

38 minutes ago, D Fence said:

I like this as potential to add depth to the RB room for 2022 if he were to commit, but what are your thoughts of comparing him to someone like Limar in the 23 class skill-wise?

Yeah maybe. I think I like Limar better. Payne has been hurt quite a bit. If he comes to ND it will be interesting to watch as he can get healthy and add weight. Shows the ability to be a nice addition. 

11 minutes ago, D Fence said:

Did I see correctly that Christian Gray made a surprise visit to campus today? If so, does anyone have updates on how that went?

You are correct. Hopefully he will be back in a couple weeks. 

Edited by Big23Head

• 2 weeks later...

June 10th - wow. That will be a huge weekend in determining whether ND will finish in the Top 5, maybe Top 3, in recruiting this cycle. Really need Moore there. LSU and Oregon have made things much more interesting. Need him back on campus.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, tneun89 said:

LSU and Oregon have made things much more interesting. Need him back on campus.

I dont think so. LSU has not moved the needle at all. This weekend with him visiting Oregon will be the true test in my opinion.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I dont think so. LSU has not moved the needle at all. This weekend with him visiting Oregon will be the true test in my opinion.

FWIW, Allen Trieu, who is probably the most plugged in recruiting analyst on this recruitment, thinks LSU and Oregon are both right there, ahead of Michigan. He thinks ND still leads, but the race is much tighter now with both of those schools.

• 2 weeks later...