2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

2 hours ago, Fifth Horseman said:

What’s the read here, Big?

Also, in reference to the hand-wringing at QB by some, it looks like Nic Iamaleava is visiting this weekend, per 247. https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Nicholaus-Iamaleava-Five-Star-QB-Checking-Out-Notre-Dame-Saturday-171157662/

Irvin could very well be Irish. ND has done well with him. 

and the second part is an interesting development 

8 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Why?

I dont think hes a top back.  Hes not overly fast or explosive.   We have diggs, Estime and Price.  I dont think Irvin offers anything different.

If I was ND and I had those 3 guys Id go with 1 explosive player and 1 big game hunting.  

Irvin is solid but not spectacular imo

6 hours ago, soulpatch said:

IMHO, they've been aiming high at RB for a few years now. 

Across the board, it just seems that there is a different vibe around ND recruiting as seen in the 2023 class so far. Probably the combination of elevated expectations (aiming for Top 5 target classes vs Top 15), recent regular season success, good NFL history (especially OL & DL) of ND players and Freeman being a catalyst / role model for other coaches to step up their recruiting game.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Across the board, it just seems that there is a different vibe around ND recruiting as seen in the 2023 class so far. Probably the combination of elevated expectations (aiming for Top 5 target classes vs Top 15), recent regular season success, good NFL history (especially OL & DL) of ND players and Freeman being a catalyst / role model for other coaches to step up their recruiting game.

Ah, I'm following. Thanks for clarifying. Agreed that it feels like there is more momentum building and leading to better results. 

• Heart 1