Forum Upgrades

Message added by Mike,

Continue discussions about forum updates and features in the new forum upgrades topic for 2024.

5 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Have there been any forum updates or plug ins added in the past few months that are affecting site history?  I know I haven't been around in a while but I have threads dating back to at least December that are showing up as unread again.  Threads in which I was already active in the past.

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Some recruiting threads were put into different folders which triggered an unread status I believe

Agree with jbrown, here. That was around the time it happened. Was doing some cleanup regarding the recruiting organization, and I believe that triggered them to show as unread, since they were in newly created forums.

21 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Some recruiting threads were put into different folders which triggered an unread status I believe

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Agree with jbrown, here. That was around the time it happened. Was doing some cleanup regarding the recruiting organization, and I believe that triggered them to show as unread, since they were in newly created forums.

I have threads in all different forums, its not just recruiting.  A bunch of bowl threads from DEC and JAN.  Everything with the coaching changes and additions.  Very odd.

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I have threads in all different forums, its not just recruiting.  A bunch of bowl threads from DEC and JAN.  Everything with the coaching changes and additions.  Very odd.

Really odd. I'm not sure why it happened then, but let me know if it happens again.

• Heart 1

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't call this an upgrade but I didn't wanna make a new thread for something so simple.  I tried looking up the option in both my personal account settings and in the moderatorCP settings but I haven't been able to find it so I guess it must be turned on in the adminCP section.  @Mike whenever you have a spare moment can you please turn on the enhanced post editor?  I don't remember the actual name for it.  I would have to go into the adminCP on another website I help out with.

On 11/6/2022 at 8:00 AM, NYGoldenDomer said:

I wouldn't call this an upgrade but I didn't wanna make a new thread for something so simple.  I tried looking up the option in both my personal account settings and in the moderatorCP settings but I haven't been able to find it so I guess it must be turned on in the adminCP section.  @Mike whenever you have a spare moment can you please turn on the enhanced post editor?  I don't remember the actual name for it.  I would have to go into the adminCP on another website I help out with.

Can you get me a screenshot or show me what you mean, either here or DM? I'm not sure what you mean, but if I get a picture, I'm sure I can figure it out.

It's not the 'source code' editor, is it?

On 11/8/2022 at 12:02 PM, Mike said:

Can you get me a screenshot or show me what you mean, either here or DM? I'm not sure what you mean, but if I get a picture, I'm sure I can figure it out.

It's not the 'source code' editor, is it?

After logging in as an admin on another board there is actually no difference.  You can add/remove options to the editing panel.  At the time I had made that post I was specifically looking to use the hidden text function.

• Cheers 1

• 1 year later...

@Mike, I had one request I wanted to bring up for changes, and see if it was even possible. For the reactions, is there any way you could open it up to add any and all types of emojis? Like, keep the ones we have, but adding a + to add any reaction available in your smart phone/computer?

Again, not sure if it’s possible, and not sure how much work that would be, but I’m a big emoji user and would love to have the ability to use other reactions based off of a post. Mostly to show the proper “feel” you’re having. 😂

Keep up the great work, and thanks for hearing me out! 😁

7 hours ago, Baldy said:

@Mike, I had one request I wanted to bring up for changes, and see if it was even possible. For the reactions, is there any way you could open it up to add any and all types of emojis? Like, keep the ones we have, but adding a + to add any reaction available in your smart phone/computer?

Again, not sure if it’s possible, and not sure how much work that would be, but I’m a big emoji user and would love to have the ability to use other reactions based off of a post. Mostly to show the proper “feel” you’re having. 😂

Keep up the great work, and thanks for hearing me out! 😁

Hey @Baldy, that one's a bit outside of the scope of what the software can do and would probably break the gamification of the reactions, tying into member reputation and top contributors.

P.S. A mini-update. The big update coming is likely still a few months away. I'll keep you all updated when there's news 🙂

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Hey @Baldy, that one's a bit outside of the scope of what the software can do and would probably break the gamification of the reactions, tying into member reputation and top contributors.

P.S. A mini-update. The big update coming is likely still a few months away. I'll keep you all updated when there's news 🙂

I completely understand, so no worries!

And that sounds good! 😄

• Heart 1