Gameday Recipes

As we've done in the past, let's see your go-to gameday recipes and pics here. I suppose I should lead off.

"Hot Legs"

1 package of fresh chicken legs. (plump legs are better) ((ask Schell))

1 large bottle of Franks Red Hot.

1 Whole Garlic: chopped. (all cloves chopped)

2 sticks of butter.

Pepper & Salt. (I prefer Lowrys)

Old Bay.

Dill Pickle Juice. (one large jar of pickles)

Olive Oil.

Marinade:

Wash chicken legs in room temp water. Tamp dry with paper towel.

Place legs into gallon freezer bag(s) and add Dill Pickle Juice for marinade. Let sit for a couple of hours in the fridge so legs can absorb pickle juice. This is a Chick-Fil-A knockoff for seasoning chicken. Use Dill for the sourness of it.

Season & Cook:

Take chicken legs out of bag and tamp dry again with paper towel.

Now coat with olive oil and begin to season with Old Bay, salt & pepper. Wings should be orange in color from the Old Bay so be liberal with it.

Now place legs onto hot grill and cook until nice black lines are visible on both sides. This means leaving the legs alone. Allow them to cook. Don't fidget spinner them. (usually 4 minutes and then quarter turn - flip and repeat: varies per grill though)

Once the legs have the nice black grill marks on them, take off grill and place onto walled cookie sheet and then into 250-350 degree oven. (temp depends on how hungry you are: I prefer the low and slow method) This ensures the chicken reaches the proper internal temp.

While chicken legs are internally cooking, melt butter in sauce pan on stove. Once butter starts to sizzle or bubble, place chopped garlic bits into butter and cook for a minute and a half, frequently stirring garlic. Now add Franks to garlic butter concoction. Pour enough into sauce pan to be able to coat all the legs with. I usually use the entire large bottle of Franks and save it for reapplication later for any leftovers.

Check Legs and make sure the insides are white. Once they are, pull out of oven and pull off of walled cookie sheet. Now take leg juice from cookie sheet and drizzle into the Franks/Garlic/Butter sauce. Bring sauce to a quick boil and then turn then remove from stove.

Coat chicken legs evenly in sauce and enjoy! (I usually dunk them into the sauce pan to evenly coat them but if you're a brusher, brush away)

I like to put them back onto hot grill for a minute post Franks coating just to get them extra crispy on the outside with the sauce.

**these legs yield a lot more meat than wings and without all the mess which is why I have them as a "Go-To" for gamedays.

This is addicting, must try....

Ingredients

2 8 oz blocks cream cheese softened

1 cup Kraft mayonnaise

1 cup Kraft Mexican Cheese Blend shredded

1 cup Kraft Parmesan Cheese divided use

1 4 oz can chopped green chiles

1 4 oz can chopped jalapeños or 1/2 cup chopped fresh jalapeños

1 cup Panko bread crumbs

1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) melted

salt, pepper, dried parsley (to taste)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375F degrees.

Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Using an electric mixer (or a food processor), mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mexican blend cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, green chiles and jalapeños. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.

Spread the dip filling into your casserole dish.

In a bowl, mix together Panko bread crumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and melted butter (and a bit of dried parsley, optional).

Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over dip filling.

Bake for about 20 minutes (on the middle rack). Do not overcook.

Topping should be golden brown and the dip should be gently bubbling around the edges.

Recipe Notes

Serve with your favorite buttery crackers!

Donjuan said:
As we've done in the past, let's see your go-to gameday recipes and pics here. I suppose I should lead off.

"Hot Legs"

2 sticks of butter.

Old Bay.

Olive Oil.

Marinade:

Place legs into gallon freezer bag(s) and add Dill Pickle Juice for marinade. Let sit for a couple of hours in the fridge so legs can absorb pickle juice. This is a Chick-Fil-A knockoff for seasoning chicken. Use Dill for the sourness of it.

Season & Cook:

Now coat with olive oil and begin to season with Old Bay, salt & pepper. Wings should be orange in color from the Old Bay so be liberal with it.

Now place legs onto hot grill and cook until nice black lines are visible on both sides. This means leaving the legs alone. Allow them to cook. Don't fidget spinner them. (usually 4 minutes and then quarter turn - flip and repeat: varies per grill though)

Once the legs have the nice black grill marks on them, take off grill and place onto walled cookie sheet and then into 250-350 degree oven. (temp depends on how hungry you are: I prefer the low and slow method) This ensures the chicken reaches the proper internal temp.

While chicken legs are internally cooking, melt butter in sauce pan on stove. Once butter starts to sizzle or bubble, place chopped garlic bits into butter and cook for a minute and a half, frequently stirring garlic. Now add Franks to garlic butter concoction. Pour enough into sauce pan to be able to coat all the legs with. I usually use the entire large bottle of Franks and save it for reapplication later for any leftovers.

Check Legs and make sure the insides are white. Once they are, pull out of oven and pull off of walled cookie sheet. Now take leg juice from cookie sheet and drizzle into the Franks/Garlic/Butter sauce. Bring sauce to a quick boil and then turn then remove from stove.

Coat chicken legs evenly in sauce and enjoy! (I usually dunk them into the sauce pan to evenly coat them but if you're a brusher, brush away)

I like to put them back onto hot grill for a minute post Franks coating just to get them extra crispy on the outside with the sauce.

**these legs yield a lot more meat than wings and without all the mess which is why I have them as a "Go-To" for gamedays.

I have a wing sauce recipe that is sweet and heat using honey, Franks, Tabasco, crushed red peppers, butter and another spice or two, I will see if I can dig it out and post it. If you like the sweet and spicy it is great. Works well on fried or grilled wings.

Edit: here is the recipe

1/2 c Butter

2 c Franks Original Red Hot Sauce (I have used the buffalo sauce also, prefer original)

1/4 tbs Crushed Red Peppers

1/2 c Tabasco

1/4 c Honey

You can spice it up with more crushed red pepper, a little white pepper is great also

Edited by EddieAngel
Found recipe

I have a wing sauce recipe that is sweet and heat using honey, Franks, Tabasco, crushed red peppers, butter and another spice or two, I will see if I can dig it out and post it. If you like the sweet and spicy it is great. Works well on fried or grilled wings.

Edit: here is the recipe

1/2 c Butter

2 c Franks Original Red Hot Sauce (I have used the buffalo sauce also, prefer original)

1/4 c Crushed Red Peppers

1/2 c Tabasco

1/4 c Honey

You can spice it up with more crushed red pepper, a little white pepper is great also

Going to have to try this. Thanks!

This is my go to recipe when I want seafood and is great for those early in the season ND game tailgates. It is simple and easy. The trick is to cook the shrimp on high heat on the grill for only about 5-6 mins to get a little char but not overcook them so they don't get stringy. I only cook on charcoal and don't use gas but I'm sure they would be good on a gas grill as well.

Hope you enjoy!

2 lbs extra large shrimp, peeled deveined (I leave the tails on)

1 teaspoon paprika

1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic

1 teaspoon italian seasoning

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 teaspoon salt

1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon dry leaf basil

1 tablespoon brown sugar

Mix all ingredients in a large ziplock freezer bag and marinate for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator. Prepare grill to high heat and grill for 5-6 minutes turning to char all sides.

1 lb boneless chicken breasts

2 8oz packs of cream cheese

1 jar Franks red hot sauce

1 pack Hidden Valley Ranch mix

Put all ingredients in crock pot for 8 hours on low heat. Near end stir to break up chicken and combine ingredients.

Eat and enjoy. Good with chips of served on a bun.

So easy to make.

I was grilling some Ribeyes the other night and I thought I would see how everyone else feels about grilling?

This is what I do:

1. Let the steaks sit out about 30 minutes to come to room temperature(ish).

2. Rub with olive oil, salt, pepper and some garlic, or a rub depending on the cut.

3. Heat grill (I use gas) to it's highest setting.

4. Throw all the steaks on for 45 seconds, turn them about 90 degrees and heat for another 45 seconds.

5. Flip the steaks and repeat the 90 second process.

6. Turn the grill down to medium - low.

7. Depending on thickness and preference, cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.

8. Take the steaks off and cover with foil for 5 minutes.

Depending on thickness 3 minutes can be a little rare for my wife and kids, but for the most part that gets the job done. How do you guys do steak?

I was grilling some Ribeyes the other night and I thought I would see how everyone else feels about grilling?

This is what I do:

2. Rub with olive oil, salt, pepper and some garlic, or a rub depending on the cut.

4. Throw all the steaks on for 45 seconds, turn them about 90 degrees and heat for another 45 seconds.

Depending on thickness 3 minutes can be a little rare for my wife and kids, but for the most part that gets the job done. How do you guys do steak?

I do steaks very similarly except I only cook on a charcoal Weber grill. You just can't beat the flavor you get from cooking on real charcoal.

I rub and season the steaks the same way and I cook them the same way except I just keep the heat high though the whole time but I turn them the same way and end up cooking them total of about 2-4 mins per side depending on the thickness and whether they are bone in or boneless. My family likes them medium rare and I get them to come out perfect just about every time.

I am a firm believer that you should not over season steak and I use only kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic and olive oil most of the time however I do have a prime rib rub that is really good that I use sometimes as well. I think the best route is to not overseason the meat and let its natural flavor come through.

I do steaks very similarly except I only cook on a charcoal Weber grill. You just can't beat the flavor you get from cooking on real charcoal.

I rub and season the steaks the same way and I cook them the same way except I just keep the heat high though the whole time but I turn them the same way and end up cooking them total of about 2-4 mins per side depending on the thickness and whether they are bone in or boneless. My family likes them medium rare and I get them to come out perfect just about every time.

I am a firm believer that you should not over season steak and I use only kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, garlic and olive oil most of the time however I do have a prime rib rub that is really good that I use sometimes as well. I think the best route is to not overseason the meat and let its natural flavor come through.

I love charcoal. Sadly, I am too dumb to cook with it, same with an electric cooktop. If I can't see numbers or at least lines I am out of my depth.

I didn't create these recipes but a couple that I do on game days. Love this thread and some definite stuff I'll be trying.

Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Meatballs

Ingredients

• ½ lb ground beef (85/15)

• ½ lb ground breakfast sausage (hot)

• 1 cup jalapenos, diced (3-4 large jalapenos)

• ½ cup cheddar, shredded (mild or sharp)

• 2 TBS rub (whatever kind of rub you prefer)

• 4 oz cream cheese

• BBQ sauce (whatever kind of sauce you prefer)

Instructions

1. Add all ingredients to large bowl and combine with your hands but do not over mix.

2. Form meatballs between the palms of your hands.

3. Flatten meatball and place a ¼ inch cube of cream cheese into the center of the meatball.

4. Wrap meat back around cream cheese and roll between your palms again to form into a meatball.

5. Place stuffed meatballs onto a rack or other pan for easy transport to the smoker.

6. Set up smoker for cooking indirect at about 225-240°F using pecan or other smoking wood.

7. Place meatballs into smoker and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.

8. Serve meatballs immediately while they are still hot.

Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings

Ingredients

• 3-4 sweet onions, large

• 2 lbs bacon, thin sliced

• BBQ sauce (whatever kind of sauce you prefer)

• Rub (whatever kind of rub you prefer)

• Toothpicks (optional)

Instructions

1. Cut the root end and stem end off the onion.

2. Peel the skin from the outer layer of the onion.

3. Cut the onion into ½ inch slices and remove the centers to only leave about 2 layers.

4. Brush barbecue sauce onto the top of the onion slices then sprinkle with rub.

5. Flip the onion slices over and repeat the sauce and rub on the other side.

6. Wrap strips of thin bacon around the edges of the onion slices. Expect to use about 2-3 slices each.

7. Lay the bacon wrapped onion rings onto a rack or cooling rack and sprinkle with a little more rub.

8. Set up your smoker for cooking at 240°F with indirect heat using pecan wood for smoke.

9. Smoke cook the onion rings for about 2 hours or until the bacon is crisp and nicely browned.

10. Serve immediately when finished.

Joe's burgers

80/20 Beef(mix following ingredients)

Ground Mustard

Cayenne Pepper

Melted salted butter

Steak Seasoning

Bread Crumbs

(optional scrambled egg)

( optional worcestershire sauce)

Add ons

Toasted Buns

Crisped Bacon

Polish it off with a tall cold Budweiser, or bud light if you're a p**sy. Go Irish.

Anyone have a good sweet rub recipe for flat iron steak? I tried using this one:

2 tablespoons light brown sugar

1 tablespoon garlic powder

1 tablespoon onion powder

1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper

1 teaspoon salt

But honestly it came out tasting like Top Ramen. I am not a huge fan of steak rubs, but for flank steaks or flat iron steaks it is nice to do something.

"Hot Legs"

2 sticks of butter.

Old Bay.

Olive Oil.

Marinade:

Season & Cook:

Made these today DJ. PHENOMANAL!

• 3 months later...

I am going to try those legs DJ !!

My go to is the Foster Farms party wings. Get the party wings not the wings.

This is based on one package, about 14 wings

Put wings in ziplock add one 5oz bottle of trappeys hot sauce and one small of Franks redhot. I use the buffalo extra hot but it is hard to find so I buy that by the gallon at cash and carry (dont think that store is on the east coast)

let that soak overnight. preheat oven to 350 and use pam spray on foil and sprinkle johnys seasoning salt and garlic powder. bake for 50 minutes. After 50 pull them out and set oven to broil on high. Pour more trappyes on the wings and broil for 1 1/2- 2 mins

Dip in Blue Cheese. Ranch is not acceptable.

I usually buy 2 packages soak both overnight use 2x bottles of sauce then cook half then freeze the other half for the next Saturday.

• 11 months later...

This is what I do:

If you have kong or green egg reverse sear your ribeye...so you smoke it at 250 degrees for 40 mins then sear it at 600-700 degrees for about 30 to 45 seconds each side....only use cracked black pepper and corse kosher salt....the flavor is amazing...