STATS for ND FANS vs PITT AND ND

Guest GoIrish68

Guest GoIrish68

Notre Dame and Pitt are meeting for the 63rd time with the irish holding a 43-18-1 advantage in the series.

Notre Dame is 98-14-5 in season openers and has won its season debut in 16 of its last 19 years.

Charlie Weis will be making his Notre Dame debut on an opposing team's

field Pitt. The last IRISH coach to face that challenge was Ara parseghian

in 1964 ((a 31-7 vivtory at Wisconsin))

Notre Dame is 54-20-1 against current BIG EAST conference teams but has lost its last three games to BIG EAST TEAMS. The last IRISH victory

against a BIG EAST TEAM was over PITT 20-14, at Heinz field in 2003

Charlie Weis has 26 seasons of coaching. Weis coached nine seasons with the Patriots. Including five as offensive coordinator. He helped produce four Super Bowl Championships NY GIANTS following the 1990 season

PATRIOTS IN 2001, 2003, 2004, five conference titles and seven division titles

[/b]

Guest SirJohn

It's History. Helps to look back and mean as well as say you don't want to be the next among a few to mess up. Extra incentive. We don't always live for today, although I am just living for 800pm. ahahaha

Guest SirJohn

Also one coach Dan gave me sat me to thinking. ND has 147 straight straight seel outs. That's a record that's remarkable and proud to have. #1 i can't conceive of an ND game not being sold out and #2 Who want's to break that record by not going?