Don't expect a commit from Newman this weekend.

I think there is an important distinction though. Some people thought that him bringing the family back to South Bend is a signal that his visit's purpose is to commit. This article paints a picture that his purpose is simply to visit, and take things from there.

Patience, DDers, patience. Just because we've got 8 committed, and are recruiting at an almost unprecedented pace by Notre Dame standards, doesn't mean EVERYONE has to commit NOW. If he does, great, but if he doesn't its not the end of the world.

I didn't mean for it to sound like he definitely wouldn't pull the trigger. I just wouldnt' be too worried if he didn't after reading that article. We seem to be in great shape with him, but with Weis's new approach to recruiting he would have to forgo some of the trips he talked about in the article if he committed.

seems like ND made a great impressionon Newman last time he was here but his mother wasn't able to see everything because of an injury. Whoever said before that this smells like Gary Gray's return visit last year had a good point. I think we look very good with Newman.

That would give us just about as ideal a springboard for the rest of the recruiting season as we could ask for. 3 LB's, a NT and a DE, not to mention the talent that's bound to come on the offensive side of the ball? Whether its #'s, talent, timing, or any other way you could slice it, it'd be a pretty sweet setup.

fingers crossed! Newman, come to ND and become a star man!

Plus I want to be able to do my best Seinfeld "Hello, Newman" after a destroys a QB in the backfield.

If the kid does come to ND, and turns into a stud DL, I can guarantee you'll be seeing "Hello Newman" t-shirts around....I can just see having that line on the front, and then a picture of him destroying some QBs on the back :D :D