• Join Domer Domain

:lepreachaun: Join our community & be a part of the conversation. 

ND ranked higher than LSU?

52 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

If ND beats Southern Cal and LSU loses to Georgia, will ND be ranked higher than LSU?

It would likely be close.

IDK. You could make a case either way. If LSU lost to UGA, they'd have 3 "good losses". ND would have 1 good loss, and 2 bad losses. But we'd have 2 good wins. 

The PAC is a bit of mystery. No good wins vs other P5 conferences. 

It'll be interesting, and fun. 

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

If ND beats Southern Cal and LSU loses to Georgia, will ND be ranked higher than LSU?

I believe they would for sure!

I get that Notre Dame has had two bad losses, but it was by a total of six points.  LSU got owned by Tennessee, and Tennessee losing to South Carolina the way they did makes that loss look much worse.

That’s how I see it anyway.

• Heart 1

I think you also have to factor in quality wins. 
As of today, going off the AP,

Clemson is 7, Bama is 8. FSU is 16, UNC is 18. Very slim.  UNC still has NC State and Clemson.  Which will knock ND SOS on one of those teams. FSU has Florida. Which is always an adventure with those two teams.
Bama has Auburn and Clemson has S. Carolina and UNC. Still a tough slate. So, the next two weeks I could see Clemson in the top 4 with those two wins and UNC out completely. 
Bama will probably be 5th and Ole Miss, if they win, will be 12th. 

Does that change anything?  Nd’s one quality win is a top 4 team-blowout. 
LSU- two top 12 teams. 

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, coltssb said:

I think you also have to factor in quality wins. 
As of today, going off the AP,

Clemson is 7, Bama is 8. FSU is 16, UNC is 18. Very slim.  UNC still has NC State and Clemson.  Which will knock ND SOS on one of those teams. FSU has Florida. Which is always an adventure with those two teams.
Bama has Auburn and Clemson has S. Carolina and UNC. Still a tough slate. So, the next two weeks I could see Clemson in the top 4 with those two wins and UNC out completely. 
Bama will probably be 5th and Ole Miss, if they win, will be 12th. 

Does that change anything?  Nd’s one quality win is a top 4 team-blowout. 
LSU- two top 12 teams. 

This is why I find college football to be more fun than the NFL.  The mental gymnastics that have to be done to see who is better than who and who should make it over someone else.  Every week is interesting.

Anyway.  I think, for us, we want Clemson to win out.  I feel it will be better off with Clemson ranked top 5-7 and their only loss to the Irish, rather than UNC beating Clemson too and both of them are in the mid teens.  Hopefully UNC rebounds and beats NCST.  We have to hope for Florida to somehow manage to knock off FSU to hurt LSU.  Clemson beating South Carolina, who just curb stomped TN, who curb stomped LSU and beat Bama...I love this stuff.
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Of course nothing matters if the Irish don't take care of USC.

• Heart 2

Seems that teams which lose drop about 4-6 spots in the polls. So LSU might drop from #5 (assuming that they move up 1 spot due to Michigan or Ohio St losing) to #9-#11 with a lose to Georgia.

Teams which beat a higher ranked team seem to rise at least two spots so ND might go from #13 to #11 or maybe #10.

So both teams would be around #10 with three losses each. Given LSU having a late loss and ND having a winning streak with a win over the #5 team. Unless the LSU / Georgia game is really close, then I see ND being just ahead of LSU.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

This is why I find college football to be more fun than the NFL.  The mental gymnastics that have to be done to see who is better than who and who should make it over someone else.  Every week is interesting.

Anyway.  I think, for us, we want Clemson to win out.  I feel it will be better off with Clemson ranked top 5-7 and their only loss to the Irish, rather than UNC beating Clemson too and both of them are in the mid teens.  Hopefully UNC rebounds and beats NCST.  We have to hope for Florida to somehow manage to knock off FSU to hurt LSU.  Clemson beating South Carolina, who just curb stomped TN, who curb stomped LSU and beat Bama...I love this stuff.
Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

Of course nothing matters if the Irish don't take care of USC.

Actually this is probably a more accurate gif
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

35 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Let’s hope A&M stops being a dumpster fire for one game this weekend

I would love to see that but then there is a petty gleeful little child in me who loves to see what 90m in NIL money has done for TAMU.

29 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

I would love to see that but then there is a petty gleeful little child in me who loves to see what 90m in NIL money has done for TAMU.

Oh I hear ya but 5-7 and last place is the SECW is ok in my book if it means demolishing LSU's season lol

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Oh I hear ya but 5-7 and last place is the SECW is ok in my book if it means demolishing LSU's season lol

Agreed, lsu losing for me is light years better than watching an already bowl ineligible team lose again until they inevitably get ranked inside the top 10 to start next year

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

LSU at 5, wow. Even if they lose they will end up ranked ahead of a 3 loss ND.

Didn't we start at #5.. lol.. 

The irony. 

46 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Wouldn't say demolish. LSU started unranked. So regardless, the SECW title is a success, given they were predicted 5th in the SECW. 

19 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Didn't we start at #5.. lol.. 

The irony. 

Wouldn't say demolish. LSU started unranked. So regardless, the SECW title is a success, given they were predicted 5th in the SECW. 

I'm sure their eyes are on the CFP right now.  I would love for that to be crushed.  Call it what you want, its a disappointment to not get there when you're on the cusp.  We've been there.  Let's not pretend it isn't gut wrenching.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm sure their eyes are on the CFP right now.  I would love for that to be crushed.  Call it what you want, its a disappointment to not get there when you're on the cusp.  We've been there.  Let's not pretend it isn't gut wrenching.

Maybe (eyes are on the CFP), but nobody expects them to beat UGA. Doubt BK believes it either. 

So either way, his first year will be a seen as a success. 

My personal opinion... Bama, USC, and Clemson are more likely than LSU. Bama likely crushes Auburn. USC's path is in their control, but not easy (ND, then likely OR or WA).. And Clemson has UNC, and neither team gets much respect. Bama might back slide into the CFP. 

My guess... B10 might get 2 teams. Would prefer TCU get in, but not sure if they'll win out, and not sure they'd be able to compete with UGA/OSU/UM and others.. 

Big two weeks coming up... Fun stuff. 

• Heart 1