• Join Domer Domain

:lepreachaun: Join our community & be a part of the conversation. 

2022: BC at Notre Dame post game thoughts

32 minutes ago, irishrush said:

Bad - Why no Angeli in for the entire fourth quarter?    Really our only opportunity to get him some meaningful snaps and we don’t?

I tend to agree, but it may have had to do with how crappy the weather turned.  

I thought there was very little else to complain about except it would have been nice to hang 50 on those guys.  

• Heart 1

I missed the 1st quarter.  Not much to complain about.  Good game plan and was executed well.

Very happy to see the team finish out a game and not let hope sneak in for an opponent.  Slammed the door on BC today.  

Morrison is a gamer and will get better.  Congrats to Foskey for career sacks leader.  Congrats to Mayer for 2000 career yards making him #1 in all ND TE categories.  Nice to see some youngins get some PT, there's talent there for next season.

Thank you seniors!  Congrats on going out with a win at home in a blizzard while stomping BC.

Now let's kick the Trojan's butt!!

• Heart 4

3 hours ago, irishrush said:

Bad - Why no Angeli in for the entire fourth quarter?    Really our only opportunity to get him some meaningful snaps and we don’t?

Honestly, to preserve a redshirt. He had played in two games already. If Pyne were to exit vs USC and potentially miss a bowl game, then Angeli would of burned a year to hand off in a blizzard blowout. 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

That's what I have been waiting for.  Killer instinct and no quit.  The expectation is to score on every drive and stop the opponent on every drive.  Won't happen but that should be the goal.  Hoping this game means the team is on their way towards that mindset. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Irish_Thunder said:

Honestly, to preserve a redshirt. He had played in two games already. If Pyne were to exit vs USC and potentially miss a bowl game, then Angeli would of burned a year to hand off in a blizzard blowout. 

As Redford said to Newman, "You just keep thinkin', Butch, that's what you're good at."

Seriously, a sharp catch Thunder, thanks.

• Cheers 2