• Join Domer Domain

:lepreachaun: Join our community & be a part of the conversation. 

2022 Week 6 Rankings

The first CFP Rankings will be released on Tuesday, November 2 following Week 9 games.

AP Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Southern Cal
  7. Oklahoma State
  8. Tennessee
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Penn State

Notre Dame Unranked

Coaches Poll Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Southern Cal
  7. Oklahoma State
  8. Tennessee
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Penn State

Notre Dame Unranked

ESPN FPI Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Texas
  7. Utah
  8. LSU
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Tennessee

18. Notre Dame

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

AP Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Southern Cal
  7. Oklahoma State
  8. Tennessee
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Penn State

Notre Dame Unranked

Coaches Poll Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Georgia
  3. Ohio State
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Southern Cal
  7. Oklahoma State
  8. Tennessee
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Penn State

Notre Dame Unranked

ESPN FPI Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Texas
  7. Utah
  8. LSU
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Tennessee

18. Notre Dame

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the FPI. Does FPI take into account injuries? Because if you’re looking at an Ewers led Texas, they probably beat Bama and are undefeated. Is this the computer saying with Ewers, this is where the computer sees them? 

Same with ND. You’d figure both ND and Texas would fall further due to the bad losses, however it seems the FPI really values their quality defeats. The 18 makes sense because I feel ND would beat Marshall 10/10 times with Pyne. 

3 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I’m not too familiar with the FPI. Does FPI take into account injuries? Because if you’re looking at an Ewers led Texas, they probably beat Bama and are undefeated. Is this the computer saying with Ewers, this is where the computer sees them? 

Same with ND. You’d figure both ND and Texas would fall further due to the bad losses, however it seems the FPI really values their quality defeats. The 18 makes sense because I feel ND would beat Marshall 10/10 times with Pyne. 

That's an interesting idea.  I guess it makes sense.  More than anything I could come up with lol.  Otherwise I have no idea how that ranking system is supposed to work.  I just include it to add another item to discuss within the topic.  

20 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Not if the Oline plays the same way they did...

ND sees a different defence with Pyne at the helm. When ND finally let Pyne take some shots down the field, UNC had to respect the passing game a bit and you saw how much room it opened up for the running game. 

Granted that was a putrid UNC defence, however I think ND has found some rhythm on offence for the first time under Freeman. 

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

Per ESPN: "The Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season."

Details: https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/122612/an-inside-look-at-college-fpi

7 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/ncaa-football/news/college-football-polls-ap-top-25-coaches-week-6/blhpr5yx6pxmqw0knqqw9ky7

Not sure why UNC is ranked… we beat them on the road and beat them soundly. We then beat #16 and dominated the game outside the scoreboard. 

Yea idk why they're ranked but we're not.  I mean, 5-1 > 3-2 but still.  I have the week 7 thread queued up, just waiting for the AP Poll to drop before I post it.