• Join Domer Domain

:lepreachaun: Join our community & be a part of the conversation. 

Freeman postgame

6 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

looked like he was going to cry during on field interview....

He is under more pressure than most can imagine.  It has to be a huge relief. I like the dude a ton, but man we are not a well coached team right now.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

44 minutes ago, cali_domer said:

He is under more pressure than most can imagine.  It has to be a huge relief. I like the dude a ton, but man we are not a well coached team right now.

Agree, no excuse though. 

Needed that W in the worst way. 

3 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

The same shit would be happening if Brian Kelly was still on the sidelines...what would be different?

Sorry, we weren't sloppy like this last couple years. . I could care about BK. Don't love or hate. MF has simply struggled. No need to compare BK.

Just now, OKelleyIrish said:

Agree, no excuse though. 

Sorry, we weren't sloppy like this last couple years. . I could care about BK. Don't love or hate. MF has simply struggled. No need to compare BK.

I think the corners and offensive line are better.

I think win 1 was holding Freeman back. I still think making Freeman the Interim Coach for his own transition was a bad idea. But i'm glad for a win now.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I think the corners and offensive line are better.

I think win 1 was holding Freeman back. I still think making Freeman the Interim Coach for his own transition was a bad idea. But i'm glad for a win now.

IMO, OL, especially iOL is super weak. Especially vs low conferences / bad teams. CBs, agreed. 

I liked the Freeman hire. But certainly had concern. All the sunshine pumpers for MF, and BK bashers, were too confident lol.... 

• Heart 1

57 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

IMO, OL, especially iOL is super weak. Especially vs low conferences / bad teams. CBs, agreed. 

I liked the Freeman hire. But certainly had concern. All the sunshine pumpers for MF, and BK bashers, were too confident lol.... 

I'm seeing measured progress up front.

image.thumb.png.e84c9e16998e06698f538459404ea87b.png

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I'm seeing measured progress up front.

image.thumb.png.e84c9e16998e06698f538459404ea87b.png

Need to see the play. 

In the pic though, not much. Only one situation of real "push", which looks like a double. 

And it's Cal... really, or ever in top 25 recruiting...

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Agree, no excuse though. 

Dude, we started the season looking like complete butt last year, and do we forget that one year with Kizer…I mean, I get it…easy to forget since I turned my tv off, but Kelly had his inexcusable crappy teams…

4 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Need to see the play. 

In the pic though, not much. Only one situation of real "push", which looks like a double. 

And it's Cal... really, or ever in top 25 recruiting...

Cal is solid on D, their O not so much.  Wilcox has done a solid job on that side of the ball and its what they are known for.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Agree, no excuse though. 

Maybe I should have been more clear in my statement. Kelly and Rees had/have recruited and signed minimal skill position talent. QB development is squarely on those two, and look at where the program is at in that area. I don't know how much better or worse Freeman is going to be, I'm hoping he becomes the winningest coach in school history. If he doesn't, it's not the end of the world. I think he's a guy that loves his players, and is the opposite of what was there for over a decade. 

And I also think the team should wear GREEN uniforms for every home game moving forward! Love seeing the stadium full of green!! 

21 hours ago, irishwavend said:

Dude, we started the season looking like complete butt last year, and do we forget that one year with Kizer…I mean, I get it…easy to forget since I turned my tv off, but Kelly had his inexcusable crappy teams…

Sure BK bad games.

Who inherited a better team though? Easily. 

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Sure BK bad games.

BK inherited Tommy Rees who is currently running our offense.  BK inherited a stocked cupboard, one that Willingham depleted and came back to bite Weis when those Willingham classes became the upperclassmen.  Weis recruited better than Kelly did in ten years.  

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Looking-back-on-Weis-era-recruiting-at-Notre-Dame-133828778/

Freeman is taking over a team with no quarterback…Buchner had shown nothing going into the season and that proved itself out.  Freeman’s defense is doing fantastic giving up an average of merely 19 points…

The offense is slowly turning the corner, but imagine if BK started last season with the same three opponents.  We’d like be in the same or similar position…unless we got blown out by Ohio State…because BK was awful in big games.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Sure BK bad games.

Brian Kelly inherited a team littered with NFL talent..

10-12 guys who got drafted or ended up in camp via free agency.

Its not an indictment on Kelly but he left this team with more questions than answers and I’m gonna guess that’s because he had a foot out the door all Last year.

you could argue this team is deeper but Brian Kelly should have inherited, easily, Way worse of a roster if you compare the rankings and talent etc. 

Edited by JTennant
  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, JTennant said:

Brian Kelly inherited a team littered with NFL talent..

10-12 guys who got drafted or ended up in camp via free agency.

Its not an indictment on Kelly but he left this team with more questions than answers and I’m gonna guess that’s because he had a foot out the door all Last year.

you could argue this team is deeper but Brian Kelly should have inherited, easily, Way worse of a roster if you compare the rankings and talent etc. 

I'd argue he had a foot out the door since 2012.  No doubt in my mind if a serious NFL job offer turned up he would have left.  But he had some shaky years from '13-'16 which didn't make him very attractive.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1