2022 Notre Dame vs California: Post Game Thoughts/Takeaways

1. Bad:
    • Feeling like a fraud, given BS phantom call, and winning by the same 7.... 
    • QB performance/talent is meh. Ready for Angeli
    • OL is still meh/bad. Better run block than pass pro, but not great either.
    • Dumb D penalties. Dumb OL penalties. And both looked soft.
    • I thought (pre-season) D would be our strength... very meh. 
  2. Mix/Misc:
    • I guess it's a W. Feel we needed a bad call, but better than a L....
    • We will need better play next week at UNC... could be ugly. 
  3. Good:
    • Estime ran tough
    • Estime and Tyree catching
    • Thank you for yelling (Rees). Freeman should trying too. 
    • Good OC job

reaction-victory.gif

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

- This is a poorly coached team. The penalties, the mental errors, etc… the Freeman experiment is not working. 

- Less Estime, guy gets tackled way too easily for a power back. More Tyree please. 

- Pyne is scary and not in a good way. The coaching staff did not trust him to throw the ball more than 5 yards. How this guy has a scholarship to play QB at ND is baffling. 

- O line was much better, minus the untimely false starts. 

- I have never seen such a weak receiving group at ND. No one can get open. 

- Defense was alright today. Lewis has really stepped up. LB core is extremely average. D line was good minus the 6 or 7 whiffed sacks. Don’t take too much out of this as Cal’s offensive line is awful. 

Edited by ndomer4
  • Heart 1

30 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

- This is a poorly coached team. The penalties, the mental errors, etc… the Freeman experiment is not working. 

- Less Estime, guy gets tackled way too easily for a power back. More Tyree please. 

- Pyne is scary and not in a good way. The coaching staff did not trust him to throw the ball more than 5 yards. How this guy has a scholarship to play QB at ND is baffling. 

- O line was much better, minus the untimely false starts. 

- I have never seen such a weak receiving group at ND. No one can get open. 

- Defense was alright today. Lewis has really stepped up. LB core is extremely average. D line was good minus the 6 or 7 whiffed sacks. Don’t take too much out of this as Cal’s offensive line is awful. 

Yup, very poorly coach. To add, just general prep and mentality. 

? Estime had several tough runs. Tyree goes easy down between Ts.

iOL was still bad. Super duper soft. C and both Gs are not kicking dicks in the dirt. Very tentative. 

Hard to complain about WRs given QB timing and talent. 

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Yup, very poorly coach. To add, just general prep and mentality. 

? Estime had several tough runs. Tyree goes easy down between Ts.

iOL was still bad. Super duper soft. C and both Gs are not kicking dicks in the dirt. Very tentative. 

Hard to complain about WRs given QB timing and talent. 

Estime did have some tough runs but he also seems to get tackled easily at times. That’s me nitpicking. 

I would love to see some changes on the depth chart with the o line and receivers. Kristofic and Spindler in for Lugg and Correll, and I want more Merriweather, Wilkins and the freshman tight ends as they are matchup nightmares for anyone. 

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

Estime did have some tough runs but he also seems to get tackled easily at times. That’s me nitpicking. 

I would love to see some changes on the depth chart with the o line and receivers. Kristofic and Spindler in for Lugg and Correll, and I want more Merriweather, Wilkins and the freshman tight ends as they are matchup nightmares for anyone. 

I want the young LBs in there

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, ndomer4 said:

The head first drive (not tackled) was LOL'd. 

Was like WUTTTTTT????  Could got a few yards.... 

1 minute ago, ndomer4 said:

Honestly, the depth is a mystery lol. 

I do want to see the younger kids if they deserve snaps. But no clue on the "who". Total guess. 

On the OL, my guess they will be better mid season. Same starters, or with new starters. 

I want more snaps for the young WRs too like you. On QB, Pyne improved late game, but was still meh. Coaches have no confidence. I'd be fine with trying Angeli. We already know what we have with Pyne. 

• Heart 2

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Agreed.  I have a bad feeling we will be dealing with this all season with Freeman as the HC.  Some people are just disgusting people.

Perhaps. 

On that dude, didn't look at his post history, but sure seemed like an obvious troll. 

I don't which is worse/sad. Simple purposely troll, or just an epic level miserable fan. 

5 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Perhaps. 

On that dude, didn't look at his post history, but sure seemed like an obvious troll. 

I don't which is worse/sad. Simple purposely troll, or just an epic level miserable fan. 

2 weeks in a row we had guys join on game day just to bad mouth Freeman.

• Heart 1