Jump to content

New NBC Contract


Recommended Posts


Posted (edited)
On 8/16/2022 at 4:07 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

Any links?

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/notre-dame-football-report-to-get-big-tv-deal-remain-independent

mentioned kind of in the middle of the article there

Quote

Notre Dame remains the program the top conferences all want, but the Fighting Irish leadership has sought to remain independent, as it should. According to a report from John Ourand, Notre Dame is expected to land a new TV contract that would give the Irish a major boost in revenue and also guarantee Notre Dame remain an independent team for football.

"Sources say the school should expect around $60 million per year from a new contract -- though it’s hard to predict how the media business will look three years from now." - Ourand

Notre Dame currently makes around $26 million a year on its combination of NBC and its partnership with the ACC. Notre Dame remaining independent would mean there is no need to get out of the ACC deal, which means the Irish would still get over $10 million per year from its deal with the ACC on top of the reported number from Ourland. That would put the Irish over $70 million per year if the report is accurate.

Notre Dame's current deal with NBC runs through the 2024 season, so there is still a lot of time before a new deal needed to be inked. It would be a bit surprising to see Notre Dame sign a new deal this early, especially with other networks still looking to expand their college football reach. As long as Notre Dame remained open for business it could be in position to ramp up the asking price.

Quote

Perhaps that is what this report is all about. It's either Notre Dame is in fact ready to agree to a deal, or perhaps there is an attempt to set the market and let others know what the current asking price is, and that Notre Dame is close to inking the deal so get in bigger offers if you want them.

It's all speculation at this point, but we are hearing enough reports with numbers being thrown around to confidently say Notre Dame is looking to get a huge boost in revenue whenever it does in fact sign. This is especially true when you consider the apparel deal with Under Armour runs out before the TV deal does, which means the Irish will sign a huge apparel deal in the near future as well.

It certainly puts Notre Dame in great financial position for its athletics department, which only increases the chances that Notre Dame remain independent for football.

Edited by NYGoldenDomer
Added important info
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My hope is this was leaked from the ND inside to put the number out there and maybe start a bidding war.  I wouldn't mind going to Fox or CBS. Maybe they will put on a better set of announcers and we can continue to have night games inside the stadium. For NBC to do that is like a kick in the teeth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, golson5 said:

My hope is this was leaked from the ND inside to put the number out there and maybe start a bidding war.  I wouldn't mind going to Fox or CBS. Maybe they will put on a better set of announcers and we can continue to have night games inside the stadium. For NBC to do that is like a kick in the teeth

I agree with you. Although for some reason the visual or something I don’t like with Fox. Can’t put my finger on it. Just hate watching Fox games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coltssb said:

I agree with you. Although for some reason the visual or something I don’t like with Fox. Can’t put my finger on it. Just hate watching Fox games. 

PTSD from the Joe Buck days at Fox.

Edited by Blammm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, golson5 said:

Their pre game is now much better than Espns

 

And Gus Johnson and Joel Klatt might be the best duo out there

When I see Gus Johnson, I fall into the “I’m about to be murdered by the owner of Los Pollos Hermanos…” vibe

  • Laughing Leprechaun 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a pretty big gap compared to what some of the top dogs in the big10 are going to get under this new Big10 deal.. Some of the top dogs are going to get upto 100 million.

60 Million + 10 from ACC.. That's quite a disparity. While ND doesn't need as much money as OSU to keep afloat 30 mill is 30 mill, yo. 

ACC Grant of rights expires in 2035-2036 so it sounds like the ACC may fall way behind in the next 13 years. 

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/here-s-a-copy-of-the-contract-keeping-the-acc-together-for-now/20361234/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JTennant said:

That's a pretty big gap compared to what some of the top dogs in the big10 are going to get under this new Big10 deal.. Some of the top dogs are going to get upto 100 million.

60 Million + 10 from ACC.. That's quite a disparity. While ND doesn't need as much money as OSU to keep afloat 30 mill is 30 mill, yo. 

ACC Grant of rights expires in 2035-2036 so it sounds like the ACC may fall way behind in the next 13 years. 

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/here-s-a-copy-of-the-contract-keeping-the-acc-together-for-now/20361234/

Around 30 million is not much considering we dont really need money like they do.   Plus we're about to get a new apparel deal worth a ton of money.   The difference isnt as big as people were making it out to be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, golson5 said:

Around 30 million is not much considering we dont really need money like they do.   Plus we're about to get a new apparel deal worth a ton of money.   The difference isnt as big as people were making it out to be

Apologies for the tangent but are they sticking with UA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Why does everyone hate on UA?  I like UA.  I think our current uniforms are the best they've ever looked.

I think the problem is with the shoes.  Lot of complaints about them and foot injuries and comfortability

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, golson5 said:

I think the problem is with the shoes.  Lot of complaints about them and foot injuries and comfortability

That's simple.  Let the players wear whatever shoes they want.  Just tape the shit out of them so the shoes can't be identified while on the field lol.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Why does everyone hate on UA?  I like UA.  I think our current uniforms are the best they've ever looked.

It's also a matter of perception. UA lost its coolness factor. 10 years ago, you saw more kids wearing UA shirts, shorts, etc. Not so much any more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

That's simple.  Let the players wear whatever shoes they want.  Just tape the shit out of them so the shoes can't be identified while on the field lol.

Feel the same way. As a wrestler I will only wear Asics wrestling shoes.  No one is going to force a brand on me that I'm not comfortable in.  For football I had Nike from Jr High through college.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...