Official 2022 Spring Practice Tid Bits Thread

On 4/3/2022 at 2:19 AM, Big23Head said:

Yeah and it’s a Lisfranc with surgery. Having him for fall seems very optimistic. Possible but that would be a great and completely smooth recovery. I think this article tells a lot.

NIH: Performance-Based Outcomes Following Lisfranc Injury Among Professional American Football and Rugby Athletes

A bit crab-apples to apples, but I strained a ligament in my foot a long time ago and that injury was a bitch. Easily the worst I had to overcome over broken bones, hernias, dislocation, strains, etc. Something like 12 weeks just to be walking and it wasn't right for years. My brother joked "it would have been better if you broke it" and it took me all those years to learn that he wasn't kidding.
Best of luck to Joe.

1 hour ago, soulpatch said:

A bit crab-apples to apples, but I strained a ligament in my foot a long time ago and that injury was a bitch. Easily the worst I had to overcome over broken bones, hernias, dislocation, strains, etc. Something like 12 weeks just to be walking and it wasn't right for years. My brother joked "it would have been better if you broke it" and it took me all those years to learn that he wasn't kidding.
Best of luck to Joe.

Yeah I think it’s was the most common football injury. At least it was when I was in Xray school. We talked about it. It’s not a quick recovery time by any means. 

18 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

Any word on who is looking good during camp? Ryan Barnes has caught my eye on a few clips. I think he’s a prime candidate to take over for Lewis with his size and ball skills. 

Re: the young CBs, Jaden Mickey seems to be doing everything right at the moment.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Mike-Mickens-Discusses-Notre-Dames-Young-Cornerbacks-186142049/

20 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

Any word on who is looking good during camp? Ryan Barnes has caught my eye on a few clips. I think he’s a prime candidate to take over for Lewis with his size and ball skills. 

Rocco Spindler got mentioned by the media again. From all reports this team has worked on running the ball and stopping the run. I'm not expecting flashy but I am expecting physical next week.

19 hours ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Re: the young CBs, Jaden Mickey seems to be doing everything right at the moment.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/Article/Mike-Mickens-Discusses-Notre-Dames-Young-Cornerbacks-186142049/

Oh nice, I called that in a thread I made after signing day. Based on the high school tape I saw, he’s far and away our most talented corner. 

23 hours ago, Tailgate Approved said:

You're going to like this: 

Love it. His quickness and change of direction is leaps and bounds better than anyone on the roster. Predicting he’d beat out Lewis was an easy pick. 

• 1 month later...