Official 2022 Spring Practice Tid Bits Thread

13 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Joe Wilkins out again with a broken foot. Dude can’t catch a break.

Yeah and it’s a Lisfranc with surgery. Having him for fall seems very optimistic. Possible but that would be a great and completely smooth recovery. I think this article tells a lot.

NIH: Performance-Based Outcomes Following Lisfranc Injury Among Professional American Football and Rugby Athletes

A total of 47 athletes (NFL=35, rugby=12) with Lisfranc injuries were identified, having 23 ligamentous injuries and 24 fractures. Thirty-five (75%) were treated operatively. Among NFL players, 29 (83%) returned to play, taking 10.0±2.9 months to do so. Overall, NFL players started fewer games 2 and 3 seasons following surgery (P=.002 and .035, respectively) and showed a significant decline in performance 1 season after return compared with preinjury levels (21%; P=.05). 

8 hours ago, Big23Head said:

Yeah and it’s a Lisfranc with surgery. Having him for fall seems very optimistic. Possible but that would be a great and completely smooth recovery. I think this article tells a lot.

NIH: Performance-Based Outcomes Following Lisfranc Injury Among Professional American Football and Rugby Athletes

Yikes that’s some scary data. We need to find a couple WR in the portal, no doubt.

On 3/27/2022 at 6:16 PM, Big23Head said:

I think Price can be special. The last time I was this excited and looking forward to a RB it was Josh Adams. Hope that gut feeling is right again. 

• Heart 1

On 4/3/2022 at 5:00 PM, FaithInIrishForever said:

Apparently the Players will go back to Saturday Morning Mass instead of Friday night

It's official! Long overdue to go back to this awesome tradition. Freeman nailed it!

Prayer before a game is always important to be focused for an important day.

After Mass, players will walk from Sacred Heart Basilica to the stadium -- always an awesome part of game day.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Jersey Irish said:

It's official! Long overdue to go back to this awesome tradition. Freeman nailed it!

Prayer before a game is always important to be focused for an important day.

After Mass, players will walk from Sacred Heart Basilica to the stadium -- always an awesome part of game day.

Robby Toma commented that it was hard to “flip the switch” after mass on Saturday morning mass. Though that obviously depends on the individual.

FREEMAN QUOTE:

ON DEFENSE: Strong in the Middle, (Safety, Linebacker, DT)   Working on:   The edges: Corner etc

Coaching staff is meeting as a staff. 10 am non practice days.

Likes routine but when it energy was down on tuesday we changed up on thursday.

QB's are doing well still a great competition, needs to sit with Tommy and talk about grades.