Official 2022 Spring Practice Tid Bits Thread

finally got some of the tidbits from that 2 hour show

• very high on all 4 running backs(Tyree was out with a light ankle sprain), Audric Estime was compared to Tony Jones and JD Price was compared to Dexter Williams in terms of burst,
  • depth is a concern on both lines
  • receivers are finally getting taught
  • Coaches are correcting mistakes as soon as they happen
  • Irish Breakdown says Buchner over Pyne. Younger reporters at BGI say the reps were even
  • Young linebackers aren't playing much yet.

@Big23Head has been right on about RB JD Price. JD's workouts preseason were very impressive.  Jadarian Price thread by BIG

@tneun89 Irish Breakdown (Sports Illustrated) Complimented Kevin Bauman. They also said Mayer is so good he's in a league of his own right now .

If you guys have questions, I'll be glad to research. @golson5 I stil haven't found a full schedule BUT the reporter on the BGI video said next Saturday is another 5 period viewing like day one.

6 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

finally got some of the tidbits from that 2 hour show

• very high on all 4 running backs(Tyree was out with a light ankle sprain), Audric Estime was compared to Tony Jones and JD Price was compared to Dexter Williams in terms of burst,
  • depth is a concern on both lines
  • receivers are finally getting taught
  • Coaches are correcting mistakes as soon as they happen
  • Irish Breakdown says Buchner over Pyne. Younger reporters at BGI say the reps were even
  • Young linebackers aren't playing much yet.

@Big23Head has been right on about RB JD Price. JD's workouts preseason were very impressive.  Jadarian Price thread by BIG

@tneun89 Irish Breakdown (Sports Illustrated) Complimented Kevin Bauman. They also said Mayer is so good he's in a league of his own right now .

If you guys have questions, I'll be glad to research. @golson5 I stil haven't found a full schedule BUT the reporter on the BGI video said next Saturday is another 5 period viewing like day one.

I think Price can be special. The last time I was this excited and looking forward to a RB it was Josh Adams. Hope that gut feeling is right again. 

Edited by Big23Head
  • Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I think Price can be special. The last time I was this excited and looking forward to a RB it was Josh Adams. Hope that gut feeling is right again. 

I agree, He'll have a Hiestand line to run behind like Josh did. The media also said the line was on the plus side of the line of scrimmage for at least half of practice. The offensive line lost almost every rep last spring, so I'm encouraged. Blake Fisher makes me so happy.