ND analogy- Civil Debate welcome

Mountain Analogy: ND is unstuck, now what?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Mountain Analogy: ND is unstuck, now what?

• Slip and fall lower
    • Slip and get back to Kelly's tire marks
    • Slip, Gain traction, power past Kelly's tire marks and get stuck higher on the Mountain
    • Slip, Gain Traction, Power Past Kelly's tire marks and make it to the very top of the mountain

Mike
This post was recognized by Mike!

FaithInIrishForever was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

I like analogies 

To Me  ND in the past few years can see the top of a mountain. However ND got  stuck making the steepest and last climb. I think the new coach frees ND from being stuck and now the questions become How far does ND slip and when ND does gain traction how far does the new staff make it up the mountain? Back to the old tire marks, past the old tire marks, or to the TOP OF The Mountain.

Until the staff is able to recruit at the levels of the elite, ND will be stuck looking at others reach the summit.

I do not care who coaches at ND, if the talent gap CONTINUES to grow between ND and the elite programs, the best we can hope for as fans is what we have seen over the last few years (decent season punctuated by a rude awakening in the bowl game).

• Heart 2

Just now, IrishGuy said:

Until the staff is able to recruit at the levels of the elite, ND will be stuck looking at others reach the summit.

I do not care who coaches at ND, if the talent gap CONTINUES to grow between ND and the elite programs, the best we can hope for as fans is what we have seen over the last few years (decent season punctuated by a rude awakening in the bowl game).

Interesting prospective. The players are the engine of the car and push it. If they can't, the coach can't push alone. Like it!

6 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Looking at lists of top 10 players returning for 2022 season, ND only listed in three spots (TE, Center, and Safety). Other CFP schools have more. That needed to change and Kelly was never going to do it.

Agreed. CJ Stroud might make a cover of a season preview magazine. Bryce Young will definitely. I know Manti Teo did. But other than regional, when was the last ND player to make a National cover of a season preview magazine? 

26 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

I voted for the top of the mountain.

Caveats: I define that as winning a single National Championship. I choose to be optimistic.

I know this team isn't there yet. I know there's been no real indication that we're headed there. I don't care. For me, being a fan is more fun with hope and positivity.

We are alot alike. Bolded is why I did the same.

3 hours ago, Tailgate Approved said:

I voted for the top of the mountain.

Caveats: I define that as winning a single National Championship. I choose to be optimistic.

I know this team isn't there yet. I know there's been no real indication that we're headed there. I don't care. For me, being a fan is more fun with hope and positivity.

One stop on the way to the top is a win in a CFP/NY6 game. Not the apex by any means but something that should not take decades to accomplish.

• Heart 2

Man, Bob Davie really did a number on some of you guys. That was more than 20 years ago!

From what I can remember (and have quickly reviewed on Google/Wikipedia), the similarities seem to end at "highly regarded, newly recruited DC gets promoted to HC." Beyond that, the situations seem completely different to me. Admittedly, I wasn't playing close attention back in '97.

• Heart 1

If the university(admissions), alumnus(boosters), and athletic dept(already there) ever get on the same page and make winning at the highest level again a priority you will see a juggernaut like never seen before. Even greater than Alabama's run and would make OSU look like Cuyahoga Community College(TriC). Its a huge ask, but maybe one day they will remember who they are and what made the university what it is today.  

Edited by ndfanatic78
  • Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

7 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

Man, Bob Davie really did a number on some of you guys. That was more than 20 years ago!

From what I can remember (and have quickly reviewed on Google/Wikipedia), the similarities seem to end at "highly regarded, newly recruited DC gets promoted to HC." Beyond that, the situations seem completely different to me. Admittedly, I wasn't playing close attention back in '97.

Appreciate your perspective! Makes me feel better!

• Heart 1