Strength of OL With Patterson Returning

My guess for the lineup next year...

Fisher
Lugg
Patterson
Kristofic
Alt

Would love to see Spindler make a case for one of the interior spots though. I also think Baker still has a lot of untapped potential.

36 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

My guess for the lineup next year...

Fisher
Lugg
Patterson
Kristofic
Alt

Would love to see Spindler make a case for one of the interior spots though. I also think Baker still has a lot of untapped potential.

Going to be an interesting battle between Lugg and Spindler. 

Feel good about the OL. Should be a strength going into the season rather than the shit show it was to start the year.

• Heart 2

• NYGoldenDomer changed the title to Strength of OL With Patterson Returning
15 minutes ago, vangordersmustache said:

You guys think it’s between Lugg and Spindler? Kristofic is automatically a starter?

I suppose it’s probably the best 2 out of the 3. With Kristofic starting at guard this year, he’ll have a leg up. But it could be Lugg and Spindler.

The O-line has very good players but under the last coach they had fundamental issues that really didn't get fixed.

• Knee bend- Fundamental coaches will not allow Lineman to bend at the waste, Blocks are most effective with knee bend and punch.  If they bend at the waist, They are robbing themselves of the power of their legs in the block. If its Harry, like if it were Joe above, those kids won't bend at the waist or they will do it again until they bend their knees play with leverage, etc.
  • Similiarly you'll see a sustained block if you see good fundamentals. A block with poor fundamentals will be defeated before its supposed to be more often then not. Too often Kyren was asked to defeat 2, 3, 4, tacklers on his own this year

If your wondering why I would post a link to a grainy video above. This is the Joe Moore that the Joe Moore award is named after. So its old video but he talks about fundementals, begging Holtz for more individual fundamental time, etc.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

Just a counter point.  I don't think the OL  run-blocked very well last year.  I think Kyren covered for a lot of issues, and we saw it in the final game.  Hopefully Heistand can improve.  We need to get stronger.

• Heart 4

2 hours ago, nd1989 said:

Just a counter point.  I don't think the OL  run-blocked very well last year.  I think Kyren covered for a lot of issues, and we saw it in the final game.  Hopefully Heistand can improve.  We need to get stronger.

That is an understatement... lol

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Cheers 1