Elder is in timeout

The mods hear all the outcry. And Elder is in timeout until January 16th. With the next ban possibly permanent.

I am not a fan of banning members unless it gets out of hand.The trolling / threads are starting to take away from the experience I want members to have here. @ELDER06, do better when you come back.

Thanks for making your thoughts known, everyone.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

7 minutes ago, ndmike88 said:

Thank you Mike and if Elder returns please put him on a very short leash with permanent banishment the next step.

He will be. I'll be damned if these boards will be taken down from the inside. 

• Cheers 1

Thank you,  was starting to look for an alternate home board. Ignore function is cool, but not a cure all and should hardly be necessary considering the fine posters of this message board. Idc if ppl disagree or think we suck but taking over every thread with similar rhetoric is nauseating. 

I don’t view Elder as negatively as most here. I think having a differing opinion such as him can add to the discussion, however it rarely does due to his delivery. 

If you think he’s bad now, you should have seen him a few years ago when every post ended in name calling or some other derogatory comment. 

7 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

I don’t view Elder as negatively as most here. I think having a differing opinion such as him can add to the discussion, however it rarely does due to his delivery. 

If you think he’s bad now, you should have seen him a few years ago when every post ended in name calling or some other derogatory comment. 

He has some okay thoughts, it’s 100% his approach and the mind numbing repetition.

He takes a stance, tells Why his stance is awesome with no proof, tells why everyone else’s stance is stupid with no proof, then repeats 1,000 times. 

• Cheers 2

While I think it’s probably the right move, I’ll also admit that I agree with much of what he says. His presentation is not my personal style, and he’s rebuffed me too, but I don’t see why people get so worked up. 
It’s pretty easy to just not reply to his comments. It’s pretty easy to ignore him. I’ll never understand why people who don’t know each other feel they have to man-up, puff out their chests, and ‘win’ every discussion on an internet board. 

I like coming here because people who know a lot more than me post their thoughts and knowledge, making me think about things in ways I may not have.  If I don’t like how it’s presented I find it easy to just move on. 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kizer For President said:

Although I didn’t agree with many of his posts, I think it’s not a good move to ban Elder. You’re turning this place into an echo chamber just like the rest of social media…. 

he'll get another chance in 2 weeks. I really hope he makes the most of it.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

While I think it’s probably the right move, I’ll also admit that I agree with much of what he says. His presentation is not my personal style, and he’s rebuffed me too, but I don’t see why people get so worked up. 
It’s pretty easy to just not reply to his comments. It’s pretty easy to ignore him. I’ll never understand why people who don’t know each other feel they have to man-up, puff out their chests, and ‘win’ every discussion on an internet board. 

I like coming here because people who know a lot more than me post their thoughts and knowledge, making me think about things in ways I may not have.  If I don’t like how it’s presented I find it easy to just move on. 

I like thoughtful, well reasoned points. But being called an idiot and his barrage of crap is a board killer. You are okay with it, but one person can kill a board, I have seen it. The board can not be sacrificed for one person, especially when the majority are put off, annoyed or just to the point of not showing up. The board needs traffic,not trolls or fake anger.

Last year I was warned for my mouth and if I hadn't stopped in the game chat I would have deserved a ban.  

• Cheers 1

Good on the mods for drawing a line in the sand.

I mean, you banned Echo for less than this, and IMO he brought way more to this board than Elder. Better delivery too 🙂

I hope he learns from this, though it’’s not his 1st time.  If all he wants is a soapbox to spew his all knowing gospel, let him stand outside and see how many followers he can muster. worked for Jesus…

this is a discussion board, not a podium. If Elder has an opinion i’m all for hearing it, but only if he is also open to debating it with facts and arguments, not insults or other any sort of abusive demeanour, as well as accepting other’s opinions. It should go both ways so all can profit from the exchanges. 

with that said, Echo, it’s a new year, come back we have an open spot lol

• Heart 3

12 minutes ago, Kizer For President said:

Although I didn’t agree with many of his posts, I think it’s not a good move to ban Elder. You’re turning this place into an echo chamber just like the rest of social media…. 

Don't worry, I am a contrairion just like him, just more respectful about not insulting people.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, zemaniak said:

Good on the mods for drawing a line in the sand.

I mean, you banned Echo for less than this, and IMO he brought way more to this board than Elder. Better delivery too 🙂

I hope he learns from this, though it’’s not his 1st time.  If all he wants is a soapbox to spew his all knowing gospel, let him stand outside and see how many followers he can muster. worked for Jesus…

this is a discussion board, not a podium. If Elder has an opinion i’m all for hearing it, but only if he is also open to debating it with facts and arguments, not insults or other any sort of abusive demeanour, as well as accepting other’s opinions. It should go both ways so all can profit from the exchanges. 

with that said, Echo, it’s a new year, come back we have an open spot lol

Echo is gone? I liked him alot, that is a bummer. Can he come back?

9 minutes ago, Pregame said:

I've been here awhile and I've seen a few instances where a single poster or a small group of posters damn near kills the entire board for everyone whether its by just bombing every thread with the same stuff over and over and over again or by being a little shitwhistle that just has to disagree with everyone and also rub everyone the wrong way. There have been a few times over the years where I'm like "man, this place SUCKS right now" and we've lost some really good posters along the way. Luckily we have people like Faith and Big who bring awesome info for almost as long as I can remember to keep the board at a somewhat useful level. 

No one is looking for an echo chambe @Kizer For President, but I do think everyone wants to have a thread not turn into "Steve Angelli Sucks" or "Every single Irish fan, at least in my own head, totally wants to go 0-12 but its ok because they like Freeman/Rees." 

We've been through every roller coaster.  I'm confident that together each of us can make it smoother.

• Heart 2