Ohio St

8 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Yeah, and how is he supposed to recruit when ND gets embarrassed again on a National stage? 

Look at Weis’ 2008 class and Kelly’s 2011 class. ND sells itself and if Freeman is half the recruiter people say he is ND will attract talent. 

1 minute ago, ndomer4 said:

Look at Weis’ 2008 class and Kelly’s 2011 class. ND sells itself and if Freeman is half the recruiter people say he is ND will attract talent. 

Cool, now repeat those classes every yr and that’s what UGA and Bama have. 

6 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Cool, now repeat those classes every yr and that’s what UGA and Bama have. 

Yeah. Definitely going to need to find a QB and start utilizing the portal. Of course this will all be for naught if Freeman and Co. don’t pan out. 

13 minutes ago, Wounded Gazelle said:

I won’t, Smith-Njigba does that to everyone. He’s very good and the Ohio St offense is very good. 

And Clarence Lewis is even worse than the Utah Corners, so make it 250 with 4 TDs.

10 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

Yeah. Definitely going to need to find a QB and start utilizing the portal. Of course this will all be for naught if Freeman and Co. don’t pan out. 

And I don’t see any reason to have faith they will pan out. Especially after he just stood there like a deer in the headlights while he was getting his butt kicked by Mike Gundy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 8:51 PM, ndomer4 said:

I would expect ND to open as double digit underdogs. New coach, new QB and we just don’t have any defensive backs who are able to run with their receivers (only two teams do). 

It’s going to be a rough start for Freeman. If we had won today, I don’t think a blowout loss would be such a big deal. If we get killed then I think the doubters will start to come in droves. 

That sounds about right. There’s a couple of points here. ND just played their new defensive coordinators defense in Oklahoma State. They put up 35 and should of won that game. Granted he didn’t coach and Okie State isn’t Ohio State. But Okie State does have some NFL talent on that side of the ball. Also, Ohio State’s defense has been a mess for the past three years. Hence, why Day went on a firing squad of his assistant defensive coaches. 
ND will also have that underdog motivation, Freeman will have them playing out if their minds playing his former team. Trust me…that is a motivating thing. I used to love playing old friends and teams. Really got me jacked. He will also have 9 months of prep and a bad taste in his mouth from that lost. If their was any silver long to that loss it was that. 
Ohio State also lost a lot of guys on that defense which was already bad. They also have a very very weak line backing core if I’m not mistaken. ND will be bringing back essentially everyone. The addition of Joseph should balance out the loss of Hamilton, which wasn’t really a loss since he played a third of the season any ways. Joseph also had played Ohio State twice. I think he should know Day’s tendencies. That’s a plus. 
My main concern will be can ND really move the ball with Buchner?  I think they will still be bad on defense. I just don’t know how Buchner will face. Believe it not, I think he can give them fits. Ohio Stare tends to struggle against running qb’s. Lastly, Michigan and Oregon showed that if you are up to play Ohio State you can smack them in the mouth and beat them. You just can’t be afraid. You also have to go back at them when they score. BecUse they will eventually and you don’t want to go three and out and let their home crowd get into it. Just my opinion here guys. Hope ND shows up to play. 

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

You just can’t be afraid. You also have to go back at them when they score. BecUse they will eventually and you don’t want to go three and out and let their home crowd get into it. Just my opinion here guys. Hope ND shows up to play. 

As we know, it's very difficult to beat those guys at their place.  We know that Stroud & company will get theirs, so yeah, we better be able to light that scoreboard up a bit.  I'm VERY anxious to see TB in the main role, full game plan designed for him (assuming it is indeed him.) Gonna be interesting too to see how aggressive we are.  A couple creative offensive calls, maybe some play-action on 3rd & short for a big play over the top...and bam, the Irish are right there at the end.  I LOVED what the Ducks did to them last season....they went in & dictated the tone of that game from the beginning. So much is going to depend on our QB going in there w/some moxie.

1 hour ago, NDNorm said:

As we know, it's very difficult to beat those guys at their place.  We know that Stroud & company will get theirs, so yeah, we better be able to light that scoreboard up a bit.  I'm VERY anxious to see TB in the main role, full game plan designed for him (assuming it is indeed him.) Gonna be interesting too to see how aggressive we are.  A couple creative offensive calls, maybe some play-action on 3rd & short for a big play over the top...and bam, the Irish are right there at the end.  I LOVED what the Ducks did to them last season....they went in & dictated the tone of that game from the beginning. So much is going to depend on our QB going in there w/some moxie.

Completely agree. Our qb is going to have to ball out in this game. However, I don’t think Buchner(if it’s him) needs to throw 400 yards and throw 3 tds. I would be happy if Buchner had a game of say, 220 yards 2 tds and 70 yards and a rushing td. I think that would keep Ohio State honest enough to not make ND one dimensional. 
Like you said, they need to be very creative in their play-calling. But I’ve been saying that for years. Let’s hope BK’s offense is not out the window.