Notre Dame Draft Eligible Players

Pregame

10 minutes ago, Pregame said:

image.thumb.png.0b46f4cb80975da401b58771489242d3.png

Depth is always a great thing. Take him bake in a heart beat. Move him inside. Try him out at center Paterson leaves. Whatever he is another body with six years of college weight training and a solid lineman.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

Looks like Foskey is returning. Not sure if or how credible this is, but if true this is huge news. 

It's only been reported by ND prime publicly, it seems like there's a lot of uncertainty re: Foskey's status. Hope he returns, balls out, and goes in the 1st round. 

• Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Depth is always a great thing. Take him bake in a heart beat. Move him inside. Try him out at center Paterson leaves. Whatever he is another body with six years of college weight training and a solid lineman.

Would this be a smoking gun for the Hiestand rumors?

Its no secret what my opinion of that guy is on here but he does come with all of his accolades and shiney NFL draft picks. 

10 hours ago, JTennant said:

Would this be a smoking gun for the Hiestand rumors?

Its no secret what my opinion of that guy is on here but he does come with all of his accolades and shiney NFL draft picks. 

Why do you have an issue with him again? His lines were pretty damn good while he was here and he has many NFL draft picks.

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Why do you have an issue with him again? His lines were pretty damn good while he was here and he has many NFL draft picks.

I’m in his boat. I remember getting great recruits but they always looked more finesse than power. Lining up to get one yard always seemed impossible. BUT, I’m curious if that’s Kelly’s offense and teaching rather than Hiestand’s technique. I’m willing to give it another chance just from that. 

29 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I’m in his boat. I remember getting great recruits but they always looked more finesse than power. Lining up to get one yard always seemed impossible. BUT, I’m curious if that’s Kelly’s offense and teaching rather than Hiestand’s technique. I’m willing to give it another chance just from that. 

It will be interesting to 1) combine HH's technique with Ballis' S&C results. and 2) See what changes to his run-based scheme Rees will make in 2022 given the "one foot in and one foot out" zone read with non-running QBs that we saw when HH was around.

5 hours ago, coltssb said:

I’m with colts here. As much as I judged hiestand for the team not being able to run the ball, I will hold cautious optimism  that his ineffective run production was a product of Brian Kelly’s soft system.

some of my reluctance is that I felt run production really suffered after Warriner left and Kelly had a similar scheme(control) between the two OL coaches and Hiestand being the only difference.. also I felt like the guys were mainly lacking in teaching principles for inside zone as they always seem to be lost on who goes to the next level and where to block the backers in the hole. Warriner tan more pin/pull zone and Hiestand was an inside/outside zone guy who switched the pin pull for the lsu bowl in which they pounded the rock with great effectiveness.

I get it if you look at the stat sheet you can shoot my opinion down easily as the #s are similar, but I judge a running game based on production when you need it. 1st down, 4 minute etc.

you can easily pad rushing stats in the 4th quarter with a mentally and physically beat down defense.

shit I tried to make this concise but I turn into Hawaii more often than not now.

6 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Edited by JTennant

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

not a surprise. Justin is a good player, but he is a final day pick for sure. Hopefully him and Jayson want to play one more year together. Jayson could be a day 2 pick I think.

28 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

not a surprise. Justin is a good player, but he is a final day pick for sure. Hopefully him and Jayson want to play one more year together. Jayson could be a day 2 pick I think.

Agree on both, Jayson maybe even higher but I have no idea how he will test. Jayson had a phenomenal year, I think he was as disruptive, maybe even more so, than Foskey in some games. AND I think Jayson left some stats out on the field by just missing out on a sack/TFL. With another year, some added weightroom and coaching, and a little luck, he could have a monster year. 

• Heart 2

Notre Dame got the first of hopefully three defensive linemen to announce their intentions to return to Notre Dame rather than pursuing the NFL this off-season on Wednesday night when Justin Ademilola announced his return. Ademilola’s return means the Irish have their defender with the second-most sacks in 2021 back. Their attention will now turn …

The post Justin Ademilola’s Return Bolsters Notre Dame Pass Rush for 2022 appeared first on UHND.com - Notre Dame Football, Basketball, & Recruiting.

View the full article

1 hour ago, Pregame said:

Joe Wilkins is coming back, as most expected/hoped per Irish Breakdown's Bryan Driskell. 

good news there. I was curious if he was looking to transfer or not. Could get a lot of PT this year.

3 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

good news there. I was curious if he was looking to transfer or not. Could get a lot of PT this year.

What’s weird is I’ve seen him make plays. Whatever reason he disappears. It might be they take him out and that he doesn’t get a lot of balls his way. I still think he could be very productive if used the right way. The same way Davis could or even Lenzy. 

3 minutes ago, coltssb said:

What’s weird is I’ve seen him make plays. Whatever reason he disappears. It might be they take him out and that he doesn’t get a lot of balls his way. I still think he could be very productive if used the right way. The same way Davis could or even Lenzy. 

he got hurt pretty early on in the season did he?

2 hours ago, Pregame said:

Joe Wilkins is coming back, as most expected/hoped per Irish Breakdown's Bryan Driskell. 

Where is this reported? I dont see it on his twitter and on his scholarship breakdown he says the following:

"I have yet to hear what Joe Wilkins Jr. plans to do or if he'll be invited back, but it would make sense for Notre Dame to want him back for depth, for experience, for leadership and for the fact Wilkins can be a key part of a wide receiver rotation. Getting him back along with Lenzy and Davis is important."

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/football/notre-dame-football-latest-scholarship-updates-jan-6

Edited by Synoptico
formatting