James Laurinaitis tweet

1 minute ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I'm not sure if he'd be like a GA or a  coach, A full time coach hire like this would make me nervous.

Me too. That’s why I wrote that. I love young guys and what they can bring to kids. Energy, swag, relatability. But they will need some old wise dude at some point who the guys can go to for advice. 

Just now, coltssb said:

Me too. That’s why I wrote that. I love young guys and what they can bring to kids. Energy, swag, relatability. But they will need some old wise dude at some point who the guys can go to for advice. 

Makes me nervous, BK was 50/50 on hires like this. Worked for Tommy Rees, didn't really work for Todd Lyght. I get Freemans point if he does, he thinks I can help him. But Marcus will have alot to do and helping a new lbs coach woould be 1 more thing

1 minute ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Makes me nervous, BK was 50/50 on hires like this. Worked for Tommy Rees, didn't really work for Todd Lyght. I get Freemans point if he does, he thinks I can help him. But Marcus will have alot to do and helping a new lbs coach woould be 1 more thing

If he keeps the other linebackers coach- The name slips my mind, That should help. Basically, he’s been coaching or helping with the linebackers for awhile now. Adding Laurinitis for the hype/enthusiasm , recruiting and his playing time in college and the NFL while letting him learn from the other guy, Freeman, and Elston may be a boost in the arm for those guys. We may have some really mean dudes the few years of that’s the case. 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, coltssb said:

If he keeps the other linebackers coach- The name slips my mind, That should help. Basically, he’s been coaching or helping with the linebackers for awhile now. Adding Laurinitis for the hype/enthusiasm , recruiting and his playing time in college and the NFL while letting him learn from the other guy, Freeman, and Elston may be a boost in the arm for those guys. We may have some really mean dudes the few years of that’s the case. 

Yeah the guy thats coaching linebackers and special teams right now who played  and coached for Diaco, There was just a thread on him too.

6 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

And son of a pro wrestler 

Ooooohhhh what a rush!  OMG I would absolutely die with glee if we started seeing fans in the stadium decked out with spiked golden shoulder pads ala the Legion of Doom/Road Warriors and face paint like Hawk and the Animal.  It would be glorious!!  Maybe I'll need to go to a game soon after some arts and craft time...

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2

44 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Ooooohhhh what a rush!  OMG I would absolutely die with glee if we started seeing fans in the stadium decked out with spiked golden shoulder pads ala the Legion of Doom/Road Warriors and face paint like Hawk and the Animal.  It would be glorious!!  Maybe I'll need to go to a game soon after some arts and craft time...

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Supposedly looking at him for an analyst role. I would be shocked because I think he has a pretty good gig in Columbus working for the BTN, but who knows.

Hartline is an absolute pipe dream for WR coach. Maybe Keenan Bailey, though. ND alum who currently works at OSU. Supposedly really good with recruits. 

• Heart 1

Just now, tneun89 said:

Supposedly looking at him for an analyst role. I would be shocked because I think he has a pretty good gig in Columbus working for the BTN, but who knows.

Hartline is an absolute pipe dream for WR coach. Maybe Keenan Bailey, though. ND alum who currently works at OSU. Supposedly really good with recruits. 

Thanks for the update. Was really hoping it was Kerry Cook's job and not an on field coach. Sorry if I worried anyone forgot Cooks went to LSU

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • imroc changed the title to Hearing Laurinaitis is expected hire

ISD can confirm Laurinaitis is expected to join the Fighting Irish program in a support staff role as an analyst or potentially a graduate assistant...

Laurinaitis is also the son of the late Joe Laurinaitis, who might be better known as WWE Hall of Famer 'Road Warrior Animal.' 

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/16759/notre-dame-expected-to-hire-james-laurinaitis

• Leprechaun 1