Kedon Slovis in Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

It doesn’t matter bc he’s only thrown 35 passes all year. ND needs to hedge their bets. If Slovis is willing to compete for the starting job instead of just being handed it, I think he’s someone they should bring in. 

I don’t blame Buchner for this, the staff should’ve opened up the Offense and let him throw more. 

I started this thread (or another one, they were merged) saying that Slovis should be considered to come in to compete for the job as long as they don’t promise him he’ll start, so I agree. 

Also, I wish Buchner had more of the offense too but he’s also been on the shelf for an entire year. Buchner has been way better as a runner than I expected too. Considering the circumstances, I’m happy with how Buchner has performed this year and I think he’s shown enough for me to think he can be a very good (or better) college QB, but I’m no coach. 

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Pregame said:

I started this thread (or another one, they were merged) saying that Slovis should be considered to come in to compete for the job as long as they don’t promise him he’ll start, so I agree. 

Also, I wish Buchner had more of the offense too but he’s also been on the shelf for an entire year. Buchner has been way better as a runner than I expected too. Considering the circumstances, I’m happy with how Buchner has performed this year and I think he’s shown enough for me to think he can be a very good (or better) college QB, but I’m no coach. 

I’ll add. The type of runner he is and still being young, and add that he already missed a game due to a hamstring injury- it’s a sure bet that he miss some time at some point next year because how he runs. Pyne or whoever better be ready. 

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, coltssb said:

I’ll add. The type of runner he is and still being young, and add that he already missed a game due to a hamstring injury- it’s a sure bet that he miss some time at some point next year because how he runs. Pyne or whoever better be ready. 

If Buchner wins the position, which I think he will as things stand now, Pyne needs to be ready to play at all times.

15 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

If Buchner wins the position, which I think he will as things stand now, Pyne needs to be ready to play at all times.

Unless he (Pyne) enters the transfer portal and ends up at some school in Florida. Which wouldn’t really be terribly unlikely. 

Edited by AnTostal

Im still sticking to my Andrew Hendrix assessment that I made way too early in the season.

I would love to be wrong but so far he’s a faster Andrew Hendrix with better long ball accuracy. 

I don’t see him being the trigger man needed to execute a balanced offense. 

Perhaps TR goes UC more and rely on pounding the rock more so his reads can be off run action and not sitting back and reading quarters / cover 6 all day who knows.. The way the #s end up at WR that might be something they have to do regardless of Buchners improvement.

I’m not sold on Buchner being the guy but wouldn’t mind being proved wrong either.

I’m all for Slovis coming here to compete for the job. He is an arm talent that ND doesn’t have on the roster. Projecting what he would do here based on what he did on a spread air it out offense with no run game might not be a good indicator.

I would be he wins the starting job and Buchner stays on as a change of pace type. 

Edited by JTennant

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Unless he (Pyne) enters the transfer portal and ends up at some school in Florida. Which wouldn’t really be terribly unlikely. 

Numerous people have stated that Pyne is not leaving. Plus, I do not see Freeman naming a starter in the Spring (even if Buchner is clearly winning). Everyone has said that Pyne will get his Notre Dame degree as he greatly values that degree.

3 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I dont like it... Slovis is overrated. I hope another school offers him girls, money, wine, etc and he takes it....

At this point in time, I think Buchner is overrated. He’s sucked throwing the ball and everyone acts like he’s the second coming. I’d prefer he get good enough to justify the praise but right now he’s a better RB than a QB. 

4 hours ago, coltssb said:

Listen, this is a good thing. Even if it makes Buchner a little salty. Every major program that is in the hunt for a NC has a backup legitimate 4-5 star waiting. ND will not and does not have that right now. 

If Buchner transfers bc of this, so long. Only a pussy would be afraid to compete. He hasn’t earned jack shit as far as I’m concerned.

2 hours ago, ELDER06 said:

If Buchner transfers bc of this, so long. Only a pussy would be afraid to compete. He hasn’t earned jack shit as far as I’m concerned.

Language. Let me rewrite this as an example. If Buchner transfers bc of this, so long. Competition at all positions is a good thing and improves the team

10 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Language. Let me rewrite this as an example. If Buchner transfers bc of this, so long. Competition at all positions is a good thing and improves the team

I thought it was ok to cuss as long as it’s not directed at a poster. I must admit, I don’t understand the rules. 

4 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I thought it was ok to cuss as long as it’s not directed at a poster. I must admit, I don’t understand the rules. 

I can't read every post. When a post gets brought to my attention I act accordingly.  We have a reporting system. I got an email on this one. Thanks for your cooperation. You have been most respectful to me in our interactions.

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

It was not my email. Anyways, not that one the pc police but I think it’s ok to cuss occasionally. But, you tend to go American Psycho at times. He’s a “p**** because it doesn’t fit your narrative is an example. He’s a current ND player that we all still support. We were using hypotheticals for if he was to leave. He never once said he would. Maybe a better way to present your disdain would be, “I think college athletes are p***** if they don’t want to compete with some friendly competition.”

Just my two cents. You come off angry a lot of times. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, coltssb said:

It was not my email. Anyways, not that one the pc police but I think it’s ok to cuss occasionally. But, you tend to go American Psycho at times. He’s a “p**** because it doesn’t fit your narrative is an example. He’s a current ND player that we all still support. We were using hypotheticals for if he was to leave. He never once said he would. Maybe a better way to present your disdain would be, “I think college athletes are p***** if they don’t want to compete with some friendly competition.”

Just my two cents. You come off angry a lot of times. 

But if you’re a QB who expects the starting job to be handed to you (w/o previously being the starter) you are a p**sy and not fit to lead a team. I’m not calling Buchner that, bc he hasn’t thrown that kind of fit. I am calling Jurkovec that, bc it’s true. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Let me be more clear @ELDER06. Swearing is not preferred(its likely to get reported.) Swearing at another poster is very suspendable . Calling players names is also likely to get reported. 

What about bleeping out part of the swear words? Like calling Jurkovec a P**sy.

Edited by ELDER06