Transfer Portal: Outgoing ND Players

Pregame

Wonder who shakes out as starters in this group. You’ve got to believe with his ability, Joseph will be one. My money is probably on Henderson as the other safety at this point.

maybe Watts moves closer to the LOS. But if Foskey comes back, where does Botello go? We have lots of depth but are kids going to be happy with waiting or will They transfer out?

I see all these players coming back as just depth add.  Other than Joseph, you could probably lump all of them in together at S. Henderson, Brown and Griffith all have a reason to think they might be the starter, and we could probably add in some others! OSU really showed that when teams play a spread, up tempo, we need depth to handle fatigue better.  I see the same thing on DL and LB.  

17 minutes ago, nd1989 said:

I see all these players coming back as just depth add.  Other than Joseph, you could probably lump all of them in together at S. Henderson, Brown and Griffith all have a reason to think they might be the starter, and we could probably add in some others! OSU really showed that when teams play a spread, up tempo, we need depth to handle fatigue better.  I see the same thing on DL and LB.  

Also to handle the eventual injuries that will happen...

1 hour ago, SDIrishFan said:

Wonder who shakes out as starters in this group. You’ve got to believe with his ability, Joseph will be one. My money is probably on Henderson as the other safety at this point.

maybe Watts moves closer to the LOS. But if Foskey comes back, where does Botello go? We have lots of depth but are kids going to be happy with waiting or will They transfer out?

I wonder if these returners and adding Joseph is a harbinger to bring Watts back to WR with the lack of depth there

On 1/3/2022 at 5:44 PM, NDhoosier said:

I dont think we have any shot at Caleb Williams.

I am going to make a guess and say he goes to Georgia.

Can we get Skechers, Campbells, and Guinness to pitch in here?!?

** EDIT; I'm drunk again and should not be taken seriously.

Edited by JTennant
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Hope he doesn’t get too comfortable in Raleigh and decides to transfer to one of the triangle school while he’s there. 

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he did. Most seem to go to BYU or Utah after their missions, but didn't Notre Dame have one taking a mission 5-6 years ago???

11 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he did. Most seem to go to BYU or Utah after their missions, but didn't Notre Dame have one taking a mission 5-6 years ago???

Chris Badger who ended up going to BYU. Not sure if he ever took his mission or not, but he was LDS and I think planned on it. 

On 1/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, Pregame said:

Chris Badger who ended up going to BYU. Not sure if he ever took his mission or not, but he was LDS and I think planned on it. 

Didn't Manti originally plan on going on his mission during school as well before his career trajectory changed? I feel like I read somewhere that his desire to do mission work was one of the reasons he ultimately chose ND.

Then again, I drank quite a bit during those years so who knows what I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, EddieAngel said:

Didn't Manti originally plan on going on his mission during school as well before his career trajectory changed? I feel like I read somewhere that his desire to do mission work was one of the reasons he ultimately chose ND.

Then again, I drank quite a bit during those years so who knows what I remember correctly.

Manti choose not to do a mission as he felt (based on interviews at the time) that he could help spread the church's mission better in the current situation at ND and viewed that, in parts, as his mission. 

Anyone correct me if I am misremembering this. 

29 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Manti choose not to do a mission as he felt (based on interviews at the time) that he could help spread the church's mission better in the current situation at ND and viewed that, in parts, as his mission. 

That's more or less how I remember it going.

4 hours ago, coltssb said:

Did Bramlett have some secret pact with BK knowing he was going to LSU.  Joking aside, good luck to the kid.  

Kelly can take unlimited transfers at LSU so it's like Christmas every day for him getting another present.

2 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Kelly can take unlimited transfers at LSU so it's like Christmas every day for him getting another present.

There is a limit of 25 combined incoming freshmen and transfers with the exception you add one more inbound transfer for every outbound transfer up to a total of 32.

• Flames 1

23 hours ago, Synoptico said:

Yes, this is exactly how it happened with Manti.