Transfer Portal: Outgoing ND Players

Pregame

Offord and Carroll werent going to see much playing time anyway, not surprise there. Plenty of depth at both positions as well.

I am surprised by Griffith's decision this quickly based on what happened last year. Good for depth though

Surprised by Takacs as well. There will be 7 TEs on the roster next year... Completely loaded position... maybe too loaded, I could see a transfer happening among one of the younger players.

So, we have several players transferring out. When do we start hearing about players looking to transfer in?

Saw Caleb Williams is in the portal. Any shot?

As it stands, I’d be shocked if we get to the 85 scholly limit next year. I also think schools are going to have to go back to oversigning since players can now transfer out so easily.

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

I dont think we have any shot at Caleb Williams.

I am going to make a guess and say he goes to Georgia.

I agree we don't have a shot based on academics alone. Just saw Dillion Gabriel was supposed to start class at UCLA but is now going to Oklahoma, wild wild west of the transfer portal intensifies. 

18 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Offord and Carroll werent going to see much playing time anyway, not surprise there. Plenty of depth at both positions as well.

I am surprised by Griffith's decision this quickly based on what happened last year. Good for depth though

Surprised by Takacs as well. There will be 7 TEs on the roster next year... Completely loaded position... maybe too loaded, I could see a transfer happening among one of the younger players.

One of the incoming TE recruits will be rehabbing ACL injury. Probably healthy by the season but behind the curve.

48 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Is there a deadline for transfers?  Curious why some are quick to come back while others are not. 

End of season meetings happen this time of year and most players have had their minds made up well before the meetings. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pregame said:

It appears Quinn Carroll going back home to Minnesota, best of luck to him. 

Best of luck to him. If he did not get much playing time this year, then probably was not going to change next year with Fisher hopefully healthy and Lugg coming back. Plus new OL coming in.

Friday morning Notre Dame learned that defensive tackle Jayson Ademilola was returning for a 5th year. Friday night, the Irish learned that another key defender from the 2021 squad was returning for a 5th year when safety DJ Brown announced his return. Brown’s 2021 season was bookended by a pair of poor outings that mare …

The post And Another One: Safety DJ Coming Back to Notre Dame for 5th Year appeared first on UHND.com - Notre Dame Football, Basketball, & Recruiting.

View the full article

Not crazy about this one or quite understand it, especially if they bring in the transfer from Northwestern. Don’t see a spot for him in regards to playing time.  I see him fifth on the depth chart, if the guy from Northwestern comes in. 

7 hours ago, Domers23 said:

Not crazy about this one or quite understand it, especially if they bring in the transfer from Northwestern. Don’t see a spot for him in regards to playing time.  I see him fifth on the depth chart, if the guy from Northwestern comes in. 

Potentially moving guys around to try at corner maybe? 

9 hours ago, Domers23 said:

Depth. If we have the room, why not

Edited by golson5
  • Heart 1