Official: Marcus Freeman Named Next Irish Head Coach

This is what it says now

Offensive coordinator Tommy Rees informed Notre Dame to he would remain with the Fighting Irish instead of joining Kelly in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Notre Dame released a video on Twitter of Rees telling the team he was staying put.

The next step is elevating the 35-year-old Freeman.

The person told The AP that Kelly also had interest in bringing Freeman to LSU.

• Cheers 1

Kelly wanted to demolish this program on his way out.....leave us on the verge of the playoffs....leave us for the only SEC program youve been able to beat.... his first call was not to swarbuck to inform him,,,,first calls were to Rees and Freeman to get them to come with him,,,, he trashes us now in the press, our limitations of not being in a conference,,, BK handled this like an ass!

We need a Brian kelly sucks thread.....ive had my problems with kelly early,,,he handled some things poorly in the early years,,,,but i grew to respect his growth as a coach.... kelly never engendered love personally....and we can all see why..beyond coaching BK is a bit of an ASS!

Love the coaches staying,,,,love the hire of marcus.....dont expect decommits....kelly sucks

aloha

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, PJacksonsDred15 said:

Cant recall a time where the entire fan base, alumni, players, and former players were this fired up and all on the same page. Or as our former coach says..."aligned".

Funny that we all united and "aligned" in response to his exit.

We’ll, not all of us…some are Debbie downers…

33 minutes ago, Kid Gloves said:

No it isn’t. Not with the candidates we were looking at. If we went with Freeman over a well known established coach then yes.  But hiring him has no more risk than hiring Fickell, Campbell, Rhule, etc. All of those guys have question marks and associated risk. I would argue Freeman has less risk than the other candidates because he is already in the program, knows the players and admin, and has been intricately involved in recruiting. Any hire not named Saban or Meyer or Belichick would have risk. Fake news. 

That’s just dumb. Those 3 are much less of a risk bc they have HC experience and have won. You’re really trying to put a spin on this. It’s the riskiest hire by far but also the one with the biggest potential pay out.

9 minutes ago, hawaiiirish said:

Kelly wanted to demolish this program on his way out.....leave us on the verge of the playoffs....leave us for the only SEC program youve been able to beat.... his first call was not to swarbuck to inform him,,,,first calls were to Rees and Freeman to get them to come with him,,,, he trashes us now in the press, our limitations of not being in a conference,,, BK handled this like an ass!

We need a Brian kelly sucks thread.....ive had my problems with kelly early,,,he handled some things poorly in the early years,,,,but i grew to respect his growth as a coach.... kelly never engendered love personally....and we can all see why..beyond coaching BK is a bit of an ASS!

Love the coaches staying,,,,love the hire of marcus.....dont expect decommits....kelly sucks

aloha

I don’t think that’s fair. This is a business, no room for pettiness with tens of millions of $ on the line. 

37 minutes ago, soulpatch said:

I'm excited about Freeman, Tommy and Balis remaining on staff. I feel like it's important to retain Taylor as well. After that, I think it becomes important to bring a greybeard in for a key role, like DC, to be the grizzled, wise sage for FReesman to use as consul. Elston could possibly play that role. 

Taylor is back. 

Just now, JTennant said:

Might as well be the first black head coach of ND.

F**k Tyrone

unless he gives ND some more credit in the CFP now. 

I don't think he is even allowed to have any input on decisions pertaining to ND.  Any committee member that has a conflict of interest does not partake in discussions regarding their schools or schools they're associated with.

7 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

No but this one is funny

college football texas GIF by FirstAndMonday

OMG ded

9 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I don't think he is even allowed to have any input on decisions pertaining to ND.  Any committee member that has a conflict of interest does not partake in discussions regarding their schools or schools they're associated with.

I heard on ESPN U the other day about the ND conflict of interest and some of the people with ND ties are allowed to discuss. I can't remember which ones were allowed but I think there are like 4-5 people on the committee with ND ties..