Official: Marcus Freeman Named Next Irish Head Coach

SpeedsterX

25 minutes ago, echo88 said:

I wanna know who the fu(k is panicking after a nailbiter loss to a top 10 team with a coach who was less than a month old.  BK wouldve lost by a helluva lot more and he has demonstrated that time and time again.  What I watched was an improvement in progress with a few growing pains.  I didnt expect a W and anyone who was expecting a dominant W clearly didnt watch what we had during the regular season.  We were lucky to be in a major bowl and OSU was def a better team.  Next year we are going to crush shit.  

I want to know what they thought would be different if ND somehow staved off the complete come back and ended up winning by a field goal or with a FG and one point..

Would the absolute defensive collapse or the inability to run the football not matter to them?

Like you said this was an 8-4 football team that played a top 10 team in a major bowl with a depleted/disjointed coaching staff and their entire rushing production sitting out for the NFL draft. It's like people forget how much of the running game was Kyren Williams making the OL not look as bad.

They're mouth breathers who obsess over stat lines and superlatives and don't have the ability to slow themselves down and watch the games

40 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Ummmm.  No halftime adjustments were already the norm over the past decade under Kelly...

I beg to differ. I can’t think of a game from 2018 to now where lack of halftime adjustments cost ND a game. Maybe 2010-2016 though. 

10 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

I beg to differ. I can’t think of a game from 2018 to now where lack of halftime adjustments cost ND a game. Maybe 2010-2016 though. 

Because we were never in the games to win them.  We were already losing.  He couldn't adjust anything to give us a chance.  

45 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Because we were never in the games to win them.  We were already losing.  He couldn't adjust anything to give us a chance.  

Well the fact he was only in that spot 6 times in 4 years is more significant IMO. 

• Heart 1

On 1/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

Freeman is already recruiting at a much higher level than Kelly ever did especially on defense which was his focus for the past 11 months. Hopefully, he can bring in the talent on offense as well.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the style of QB Freeman picks. I would prefer Ohio State-like QB’s who are athletic, but also have big arms. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Frankus said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing the style of QB Freeman picks. I would prefer Ohio State-like QB’s who are athletic, but also have big arms. 

I’m simply looking for someone who has Coan’s height but can move a little more like Pyne. Doesn’t have to be amazing speed. Just enough to get out of the pocket when need be.