Official: Marcus Freeman Named Next Irish Head Coach

2 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I get it. You want Urban Meyer, Tom Herman as the OC, give me your ideal staff 10 coaches. make it a thread

Dave Aranda is a more realistic option, ND could never hire Meyer after that debacle. I would absolutely take Herman over Rees. Freeman as DC would be ideal. 

7 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

This place is turning into a dumpster fire. Not impressed…

You get whatcha pay for.

Seriously all message boards on ND football are being hijacked by the panicked and unstable right now.

I'm on the newly re-named insidendsports.com board and that place is just downright unbearable

The behavior is just a prime example of the human condition

• Heart 3

26 minutes ago, JTennant said:

You get whatcha pay for.

Seriously all message boards on ND football are being hijacked by the panicked and unstable right now.

I'm on the newly re-named insidendsports.com board and that place is just downright unbearable

The behavior is just a prime example of the human condition

Some people take fandom to such extremes. Its crazy. I used to to some extent, let it put me in a bad mood, ruin my day, week, all that jazz. But figured out it’s just not worth it.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s pretty far down the what’s important in life. It’s fun and I love ND but it won’t control my behavior in the real world. 

or a keyboard warrior fight for that matter.

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, toddrhodes said:

That’s the way to be. It’s a privilege to watch them play and root for ND but it shouldn’t result in self torture over things we have no control over. Says a lot about folks who can’t be anything but negative, amongst other fans who likewise have no control or power over the situation. 

Enjoy the good moments, and don’t sweat the bad ones. Tomorrow is another day. 

Exactly.

The world isn’t ending. Or attacking players on social media. Seems a lot of that happened last night. Boggles my mind.

That or the fans that get in massive fights, brawls in the stands. I have as much testosterone as the next guy but you better be ready to risk you life or risk life-long injury in this day in age.

• Cheers 2

Freeman had some disadvantages going into this game. Given that he to pick up as HC after Bayou Brian left the team just four weeks ago, he had to compete against a coach who had minimal distractions compared to Freeman in terms of program direction, staff and players.

It is interesting that there are many fans who are using one NY6 game to instantly decide that Freeman will fail as a HC.  Using that logic, then Bayou Kelly failed his entire career since he never won a NY6 game and never even lost one by less than double digits. It is hard to believe that Kelly would have had a lead in the first half given his record of having teams unready for big games.

Freeman is already recruiting at a much higher level than Kelly ever did especially on defense which was his focus for the past 11 months. Hopefully, he can bring in the talent on offense as well.

He needs to win 17 games in his first two years to beat Bayou Brian's record. Let's give Freeman more than 4 weeks to decide if he will succeed.

• Heart 3
  • Cheers 1

I'm excited to see the everyday offense/defense competitions in spring ball. I remember when ND strength instituted the team challenges for off-field conditioning and we saw immediate returns in the S&C of our team. I think Freeman's focus on competition will help develop our guys, especially the younger guys, by pushing them every practice. 

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Freeman had some disadvantages going into this game. Given that he to pick up as HC after Bayou Brian left the team just four weeks ago, he had to compete against a coach who had minimal distractions compared to Freeman in terms of program direction, staff and players.

It is interesting that there are many fans who are using one NY6 game to instantly decide that Freeman will fail as a HC.  Using that logic, then Bayou Kelly failed his entire career since he never won a NY6 game and never even lost one by less than double digits. It is hard to believe that Kelly would have had a lead in the first half given his record of having teams unready for big games.

Freeman is already recruiting at a much higher level than Kelly ever did especially on defense which was his focus for the past 11 months. Hopefully, he can bring in the talent on offense as well.

He needs to win 17 games in his first two years to beat Bayou Brian's record. Let's give Freeman more than 4 weeks to decide if he will succeed.

Right on.  I'm excited to see how he develops as a coach and how he moves to help recruit on the offense as well. 

• Heart 1

On 1/1/2022 at 10:46 PM, ndomer4 said:

I hope what we saw (poor fundamentals,  no halftime adjustments) does not become the norm. I sure hope he is the recruiter everyone says he is because that’s not going to get it done with the rosters current talent. 

Ummmm.  No halftime adjustments were already the norm over the past decade under Kelly...

• Heart 1