Official: Marcus Freeman Named Next Irish Head Coach

SpeedsterX

I hope what we saw (poor fundamentals,  no halftime adjustments) does not become the norm. I sure hope he is the recruiter everyone says he is because that’s not going to get it done with the rosters current talent. 

3 hours ago, zemaniak said:

Coaching staff did a great job?  God I hope that is coach speak.  Definitely sensing some “deer in the headlights” moments there. Someone get that dude a towel

But Golic Jr said he’d make ND cool, and he’s pretty smart. 

3 hours ago, zemaniak said:

Coaching staff did a great job?  God I hope that is coach speak.  Definitely sensing some “deer in the headlights” moments there. Someone get that dude a towel

Yeah that was super cringe. That’s the same shit BK said.

Well we coached hard they just didn’t execute. Like GTFO 

im not gonna over react and just assume that’s coach speak as he didn’t wanna say yeah well our staff is trash and half of our defense sucks. 

You know what’s hilarious?

People pretending that we should have kept Kelly, as if we advocated getting rid of him.  If I recall correctly, Kelly left us, not the other way around.  

and did so in a cloud of lies and shifty actions.

THAT’S the guy who broke up with these trolls:  their ex-boyfriend.  All these frantic posts and threads about having lost the game yesterday… none of that will make Kelly love you, guys.  Sorry, but it’s the cold truth.

Edited by TexasDomer
  • Heart 4

If Kelly were the coach, the second half of this game would have been the first half.  We were not competitive in this type of game under Kelly.  At least we had a chance to blow it.  It does suck though.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1

This is why i love football so much

It really is a chess match, but even moreso a battle, where preparation, being able to size up the opponent and prepare a game plan, adjust when necessary, have a plan B and even C, all the while being a Field General that can rally his troops and clearly convey his orders and delegate  to his officers.

It’s beautiful when it all works out. Not everyone can be a Napoleon however.

Freeman did not properly evaluate his strengths/weakness vs the opponent. He did not prepare for tempo, or the losses of Hart and Kyren.  Gave Rees and Elston too much leash due to his recent hiring and need to win points with them.

Too much of a nice guy?  Or was this done on purpose to “evaluate” his personel? Let’s hope the latter

• Heart 3

22 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

You know what’s hilarious?

People pretending that we should have kept Kelly, as if we advocated getting rid of him.  If I recall correctly, Kelly left us, not the other way around.  

and did so in a cloud of lies and shifty actions.

THAT’S the guy who broke up with these trolls:  their ex-boyfriend.  All these frantic posts and threads about having lost the game yesterday… none of that will make Kelly love you, guys.  Sorry, but it’s the cold truth.

Well said. It's like... your wife cheats on you and leaves. But your parents admonish you for her departure because she was so good at laundry. Meanwhile we're just like - well yea maybe, but she cheated and left, who cares how good she was at other stuff? All that is out the window.

But some people just have to continue to be negative. They don't want ND to succeed, unless they are "right" when they do. And when they don't it doesn't matter so long as they are "right" about their opinions. It's a really weird dynamic.

But it makes me root for CMF that much harder. I can't imagine anyone here is taking this loss nearly as hard as he is. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be "ok" with what just happened. It's a process and it requires a little bit of patience. 

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, toddrhodes said:

He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to be "ok" with what just happened. It's a process and it requires a little bit of patience. 

This.  I was stunned how poorly our D was early in the season but pleasantly surprised at our progress as season progressed.  Hoping /expecting an exponential curve from him

• Heart 1

I can’t get over how dead he looked. Coupled with the lack of adjustments, he’s in over his head. I wish he’d step down to DC and ND could go hire Fickell. There’s no way this works out well for ND, we were stupid for thinking it would. And I include myself in that category. He was f’n awful yesterday.

15 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I can’t get over how dead he looked. Coupled with the lack of adjustments, he’s in over his head. I wish he’d step down to DC and ND could go hire Fickell. There’s no way this works out well for ND, we were stupid for thinking it would. And I include myself in that category. He was f’n awful yesterday.

dude he was basically an interim coach positioned to fail by overhype, lots of responsibilities and inexperience. Swarbrick should have named like Polian(who was leaving anyway) interim coach when the search began

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

I can’t get over how utterly basic and short sighted your comments continue to be. 

21 minutes ago, nd1989 said:

I can’t get over how utterly basic and short sighted your comments continue to be. 

I’m shortsighted? What about all of you who bought into the rah rah crap from Twitter? You let emotions dictate your reality. 

4 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

I’m shortsighted? What about all of you who bought into the rah rah crap from Twitter? You let emotions dictate your reality. 

I brought the stuff from Twitter. I wanted discussion. I wanted a healthy DomerDomain. We've got all three. Now don't pick fights.

4 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I brought the stuff from Twitter. I wanted discussion. I wanted a healthy DomerDomain. We've got all three. Now don't pick fights.

The hype was stupid. Mike Golic Jr was stupid. Everyone pushing this fairytale narrative was stupid. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Don't do that @zemaniak Football only on football threads.

Hold up here.  I’m being warned but the guy calling anyone who disagrees with him stupid , is greenlighted?

My analogy is a valid one.   It’s up to the moderators to do their jobs here.  All this guys does is cherrypick facts to support his opinions than makes personal attacks with anyone who disagrees.

You want to support that to generate hits?  That’s your call, live by the sword….

2 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

No, and don’t bring politics into football.

Then be a better poster.  Goes both ways.  You want to troll and call people names,  deal with it.  

Edited by zemaniak

Just now, zemaniak said:

Hold up here.  I’m being warned but the guy calling anyone who disagrees with him stupid , is greenlighted?

My analogy is a valid one.   It’s up to the moderators to do their jobs here.  All this guys does is cherrypick facts to support his opinions than makes personal attacks with anyone who disagrees.

You want to support that to generate hits?  That’s your call, live by the sword….

you both just need to cool it.