Official: Marcus Freeman Named Next Irish Head Coach

9 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

He’s not a good recruiter. You don’t take a kid who can’t even complete 60% of his passes in HS and who in his team’s biggest games just handed the ball off. He’s a MAC/Low Big 10 level player. He’d be a pretty good get for Chuck Martin at Miami, but he has no business being ND’s only QB in this class.

Wow!  Ok. I should have known better than to bite.  😔🤣

15 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

And if you guys cared about ND winning, you’d be upset too. 

I do care about winning but not to the extent that I spend countless hours bashing a high school kid cuz he doesn’t live up to my expectations.

nothing I or you or anyone says on this board has anything to do with the success or failure of the program.

• Heart 1

Just now, nd1989 said:

way out of line, on many fronts.  Need to bring it down a level.  One thing many of us have appreciated on this site is the positive attitude towards players.

Those players weren’t making tens of thousands in NIL. They want the $, they get the criticism. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Rocketsan said:

Open this present a little early:

Ya’ll should stop giving such a big sh!t about people you disagree with so harshly… life is so much easier when you let go of the control these numbskulls have over you. 

Well, it is a discussion board, I am here is discuss ND football with people. However, I did finally put him on the ignore list.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Rocketsan said:

Not true… I know for a fact MANY were earning this year doing private signings of memorabilia…

awesome. Still doesn't make them a full public figure in my mind open to criticism, they deserve some protection as college students.

The argument was since they make Money they should be evaluated like pro athletes. I still want the coaches who make more money to be able to protect the players

• Heart 2

If you want to criticize 18-22 yr old college athletes on your favorite team, that says more about you than it does about them. That being said, I don't think Elder has really said anything more than he doesn't think he's good enough for ND which isn't all that bad, the frequency with how often he's said it is.....tiresome.

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Well, it is a discussion board, I am here is discuss ND football with people. However, I did finally put him on the ignore list.

Most of the time it’s personal insults and nonsense…discussions degraded to nothing. Not you personally… just the vibe.

Edited by Rocketsan
  • Heart 2
  • Cheers 1

I swore off NDNation because of ACross thinking he was practically a coach and negatively beating the same damned dead horse day in and day out.  Cut the shit Elder…. Move the hell on.  This isn’t NDNation.  Show some intellectual latitude and talk about the millions of other issues surrounding this team or college football.

• Heart 2
  • Cheers 2

Mike
This post was recognized by Mike!

JTennant was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

Yal are gonna ignore someone on this forum? Come on guys we can all bullshit without getting butt hurt feelings. Elder is a bit of a contrarian but I feel like at worst he's stirring the pot for more discussion on ND football and at best it's a different perspective than your own. Either way it isn't the end of the world and will lead to more posts/threads etc which the owner will appreciate. If we all ignored someone who offended us a few times, there would be much less chatter on the board.

I used to get blackout drunk and log into the game day chat, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of you guys had/have me on ignore. I may have even posted while in that state.. 

Everyone get along, watch the excessive cursing, try not to resort to too many ad hominem attacks, don't talk about moms, untangle your wives panties etc

We all have our own opinions and viewpoints and are on this board because we love ND football. All of us have a unique delusion of what ND football is and what it means to each of us. 

will-ferell-love.gif

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1