Official: Marcus Freeman Named Next Irish Head Coach

42 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

Being genuine and authentic with his team, something Kelly never was (see Cajun accent), will take Freeman and this team far now and in the future.

I still firmly believe that the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s are more important than the Xs and Os in college and with the way Freeman speaks and is authentic, he’s going to attract quality young men by the boat loads. That’s good for ND.

• Leprechaun 1

7 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Anyone else notice the difference between Kelly's first meeting with the LSU players and Freeman's?

A whole lot of "Me" from Kelly no so much from Freeman. For MF, it was "We".

For sure. And just the reaction of players speaks volumes. Also, this article pretty well reinforces what you're saying:

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/12/03/notre-dame-football-likable-now-marcus-freeman-replaces-brian-kelly/8851417002/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_South_Bend_Tribune&fbclid=IwAR1fJcO9p_LzFCt7NUbTHQFdl5k_72JXg_LJAhT-yBAkYu8li1rOiDTRHwo

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Big23Head said:

Wow!  Absolutely amazing!  Marcus Freeman exemplifies the true definition of a leader.  Not once during Brian Kelly’s tenure did I ever see that happen.

There is no one else I would rather have, or feel could do a better job, than Marcus Freeman to lead the Notre Dame football team as head coach.

• Cheers 1

Just now, ELDER06 said:

This could be an entirely baseless rumor, heard Freeman reached out to Brian Hartline to be WR coach. Again, that’s not from a reliable source, but wonder if anyone else heard something similar 

it has been going around. Not sure on the validity other then they both went to Ohio State. I hope its true though. 

2 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

it has been going around. Not sure on the validity other then they both went to Ohio State. I hope its true though. 

Yeah, it would be an unbelievable hire. However, until I see more than Twitter acts with 15 followers saying this, I won’t get my hopes up.

1 minute ago, zemaniak said:

Ever wonder why we had a high rate of assistant turnover under BK? Yeah… well there you go.

Had he not left, we’d have probably lost Freeman at the first opportunity

Well, he would’ve taken a HC job. It’s not like he would’ve gone on to be DC somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, ELDER06 said:

All of the butthurt over Kelly being an asshole is ridiculous. He got ND to a level they hadn’t been at in close to 30 years. Maybe he did hit his ceiling, but still be appreciative of what he built. Without Kelly, Freeman isn’t at ND.

Lol I read your post in my head with a southern accent.  This will NEVER get old

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, zemaniak said:

Lol I read your post in my head with a southern accent.  This will NEVER get old

You don’t have to like Kelly or be upset he’s gone, but he did good things at ND. All of this “he was mean” I’m glad he’s gone is childish bullshit. Grow up.

• Poo 2

2 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

Portraying his inevitable departure as an indictment of Kelly is inaccurate. 

Are you real?  If anything, it’s never been more clear that people don’t want to work for him. the ones who did, did it because it’s ND. BK is the one who turned ND as a stop to pad your resume, or a stepping stone if you will

3 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

You don’t have to like Kelly or be upset he’s gone, but he did good things at ND. All of this “he was mean” I’m glad he’s gone is childish bullshit. Grow up.

Your “quote” and thus, your assessment,  is inaccurate. Also, Make Me.

• Cheers 1