ND assistant coach / staff tracker

OKelleyIrish

27 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

I agree that Taylor wants to move up. However, if ND paid him more, he could wait till it's an opportunity he can't pass up instead of just the next available opportunity.

OC at a P5 school is a good step up and I believe he has passed up other opportunities in the past. ND fans are somewhat lucky because most programs have way more turnover than ND does, esp at the top. Exception being Clemson's cordinators. 

1 hour ago, 4thand1 said:

I agree that Taylor wants to move up. However, if ND paid him more, he could wait till it's an opportunity he can't pass up instead of just the next available opportunity.

Highly doubtful it was about more money since he turned down Kelly at LSU and stayed at ND until this promotion came along.

On 1/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, NDhoosier said:

I would love Al Washington to join the staff. I would consider that a homerun hire.

Your wish came true!Breaking news: Al Washington has been hired as ND's next DL coach and yes it is a home run hire!

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2

55 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Your wish came true!Breaking news: Al Washington has been hired as ND's next DL coach and yes it is a home run hire!

Going to Ohio State message boards they seem to like this hire.  They think they'll run for at least 250 yards because of Washington's hire.  They weren't sold on him and his development.  Couple that with that their defense has been shit, Washington was basically let go, and all the drama with Pope and their locker room.  Call me concerned.....

13 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Going to Ohio State message boards they seem to like this hire.  They think they'll run for at least 250 yards because of Washington's hire.  They weren't sold on him and his development.  Couple that with that their defense has been shit, Washington was basically let go, and all the drama with Pope and their locker room.  Call me concerned.....

Agree with concerned. We didn’t hire home away from OSU, he was let go.  That’s a red flag but we’ll see how it goes. 

I’m just really interested in who he brings in. Al can recruit! 
In terms of the D at OSU isn’t that more of the DC and they let him go? Then didn’t they bring in Todd Bowles who wants his own staff? 

13 minutes ago, nd1989 said:

I’m just really interested in who he brings in. Al can recruit! 
In terms of the D at OSU isn’t that more of the DC and they let him go? Then didn’t they bring in Todd Bowles who wants his own staff? 

They said the same thing(ohio state board).  BUT, who has Al recruited?  Names?

5 minutes ago, coltssb said:

They said the same thing(ohio state board).  BUT, who has Al recruited?  Names?

This is his 2022 recruiting profile:

image.png.bfbf160da398a726a1e7983a16eb1cc0.png

Includes: Sonny Styles (5*) and CJ Hicks (5*). Lowest rated recruit was Koji Antwi 4* WR and 146 nationally ranked recruit. 

Edited by Pregame
  • Heart 1

Al Washington can recruit and he has coached a couple studs at both OSU and Michigan (LBs coach).

Lance Taylor was a solid coach, but his recruiting was a little lacking according to some insiders/experts.

I think it is clear Freeman prioritizes recruiting in his coaches. Hopefully it pays off.

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

43 minutes ago, Pregame said:

This is his 2022 recruiting profile:

image.png.bfbf160da398a726a1e7983a16eb1cc0.png

Includes: Sonny Styles (5*) and CJ Hicks (5*). Lowest rated recruit was Koji Antwi 4* WR and 146 nationally ranked recruit. 

Ha, Styles....anyways, there board seems to think otherwise.  That he takes 5 star talent and makes it 3 star.  I just hope they are wrong.  

23 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Ha, Styles....anyways, there board seems to think otherwise.  That he takes 5 star talent and makes it 3 star.  I just hope they are wrong.  

You'll often get guys with reputations as either great coaches or great recruiters. Luckily Elston has coached these guys up. Lets give   the great recruiter a shot 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, coltssb said:

Most teams who lose a coach say that. Tennessee said that about Harry Heistand when he came to ND. Washington is the 6th ranked coach for recruiting on 247...

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1

3 hours ago, coltssb said:

He coached line backers at OSU when he coached d line at BC his guy had 16.5 sacks 

3 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

You'll often get guys with reputations as either great coaches or great recruiters. Luckily Elston has coached these guys up. Lets give   the great recruiter a shot 

Agree Faith. Let’s see if he can get some big time studs here on the defense consistently.