ND assistant coach / staff tracker

OKelleyIrish

I don't know anything about this guy so I will reserve my thoughts but I will say that ND seems like the only damn place where when choosing between Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes they end up with Gabbert. Feels like it is always option D and option D is always waayyyy out of left field.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

I don't know anything about this guy so I will reserve my thoughts but I will say that ND seems like the only damn place where when choosing between Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes they end up with Gabbert. Feels like it is always option D and option D is always waayyyy out of left field.

Yea.  I don't even remember seeing either of these names mentioned previously.

Heacock is a good DC.  Part of the reason I'm a fan of Matt Campbell at ISU.  They play defense and play it well in a very offense oriented conference.  Off the top of my head there have been very few ISU losses since Heacock took over when they lost by double digits.  And by double digits I mean they are low teens, I can't remember any blowouts.  ISU isn't exactly an offensive powerhouse either, those weren't basketball scores in their games.

I read that Saban and Venables even sent staff to Ames to learn about Heacock's system.  Must be doing something right.  We'll see if he gets the nod, but I think Heacock would be an acceptable hire in line with our last three DC's.

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

13 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

From what it sounds like, they had the option of either Shephard or Stuckey (not sure about Wiggins) and they choose Stuckey over Shephard. Maybe Freeman is prioritizing recruiting prowess right now? Stuckey seems like he could be a good recruiter.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1

I like both hires honestly, I guess we will see about the DC but WR coach seems to be a done deal. They did seem to come out of left field but both seem respected and hungry to succeed. I just really hope the new WR coach can get the kids to perform before their senior year. Our problem wasn't getting talented guys. It was more getting them on the field performing before their final year. 

• Heart 2

Notre Dame reportedly has its next wide receiver coach. According to a report last night from The Athletic’s Pete Sampson, Notre Dame is set to hire Baylor Wide Receiver coach Chansi Stuckey to replace Del Alexander who oversaw the decimation of the Notre Dame receiver room over the last 12 months. Stuckey, an inexperienced but …

The post Notre Dame Reportedly Tabs Up and Coming WR Coach to Rebuild Irish WR Room appeared first on UHND.com - Notre Dame Football, Basketball, & Recruiting.

View the full article

3 hours ago, Notre Dame Bot said:

Notre Dame reportedly has its next wide receiver coach. According to a report last night from The Athletic’s Pete Sampson, Notre Dame is set to hire Baylor Wide Receiver coach Chansi Stuckey to replace Del Alexander who oversaw the decimation of the Notre Dame receiver room over the last 12 months. Stuckey, an inexperienced but …

The post Notre Dame Reportedly Tabs Up and Coming WR Coach to Rebuild Irish WR Room appeared first on UHND.com - Notre Dame Football, Basketball, & Recruiting.

View the full article

58 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

He made some comments during the signing day press conference that raised my eyebrows. Notably that "I'm just the D-Line Coach." I think he wanted to be Coordinator and I think if They do Sign Heacock ND will definitely be more 3 down with three safieties,

This f'ing sucks!! Ok I'm over it. Screw Elston he's dead to me. Go flounder at Michigan. ND will bring someone in even better. We got Freeman!!! Elston didn't deserve to be the defensive coordinator.

51 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

This f'ing sucks!! Ok I'm over it. Screw Elston he's dead to me. Go flounder at Michigan. ND will bring someone in even better. We got Freeman!!! Elston didn't deserve to be the defensive coordinator.

Elston did play football at Michigan and got his coaching start there. I can understand him wanting to coach there.

There is a former DL coach available who is known as a great recruiter. He might also want to see ND do well post-Kelly for personal reasons. Should Freeman give Coach O a call?   🙂

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Elston did play football at Michigan and got his coaching start there. I can understand him wanting to coach there.

There is a former DL coach available who is known as a great recruiter. He might also want to see ND do well post-Kelly for personal reasons. Should Freeman give Coach O a call?   🙂

I would love that. Not going to happen but it would be awesome. One last time F__k Elston! 

32 minutes ago, Irish_Thunder said:

Hopefully Heacock has a Dline coach in mind if he's the hire at DC. If I had to pick retaining Elston but he is DC vs getting a legit DC and losing Elston, I pick that.  We will miss his recruiting for sure, hope the line sticks together! 

He really wasn't that great of a recruiter until Freeman got here. He did a hell of a job developing though.

Edited by ndfanatic78
  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

He really wasn't that great of a recruiter until Freeman got here. He did a hell of a job developing though.

From a post elsewhere, there were 232 DL recruits in the Top 100 from 2012 to 2022 classes (11 years) while Elston was at ND. There were 39 schools who signed at least one of those 232 prospects. ND did not.

With Freeman, ND has two Top 100 DL in the 2023 class.

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

From a post elsewhere, there were 232 DL recruits in the Top 100 from 2012 to 2022 classes (11 years) while Elston was at ND. There were 39 schools who signed at least one of those 232 prospects. ND did not.

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

yeah not sure why he gets credit for being a great recruiter. Developer, yes, recruiter, no.

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, Pregame said:

Football Scoop reporting Heacock staying at Iowa State fwiw. 

Yep - sounds like he got a nice pay increase to stay. And maybe he didn't want to come to ND and work under a first-time, 38 year old head coach. I really wanted him. I think Derek Mason is a definite possibility at this point.

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Wouldnt Elston have to get as much credit for the 2023 kids who were committed prior to Freeman being HC

16 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Wouldnt Elston have to get as much credit for the 2023 kids who were committed prior to Freeman being HC

Yes sir! Elston will be recruiting them tonight to Michigan will he succeed hope not. Elston was a good man and will be missed.