ND assistant coach / staff tracker

OKelleyIrish

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

It's been a quiet few days. Any recent rumblings concerning new DC or WR coach?

You should look one page back...

W/ DC coaches, I'd suspect a few days to interview and a week or two to hire. On WR, the prior page has all kinds of discussion.

2 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I just really hope its not Mike Tressel. Please look to other schools and coaching trees. 

I agree. I think Doug Belk would be a homerun hire. I'm also intrigued by the guy from BC.

The Auburn and Tennessee coaches, meh. 

Just now, SDIrishFan said:

I agree. I think Doug Belk would be a homerun hire. I'm also intrigued by the guy from BC.

The Auburn and Tennessee coaches, meh. 

I wouldn't mind Derek Mason from Auburn just because he has head coaching experience at a highly reputable university Vanderbilt and another coaching stint at Stanford. So he has experience dealing with strict administrations and could possibly a good resource to Freeman when it comes to dealing with the intricacies of Notre Dame's situation. 

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

It's been a quiet few days. Any recent rumblings concerning new DC or WR coach?

When it comes to new WR coach, we are still waiting for an interview with Holmon Wiggins (Bama WR coach). And, if you believe in twitter, there is one more name in the mix:

2 hours ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I wouldn't mind Derek Mason from Auburn just because he has head coaching experience at a highly reputable university Vanderbilt and another coaching stint at Stanford. So he has experience dealing with strict administrations and could possibly a good resource to Freeman when it comes to dealing with the intricacies of Notre Dame's situation. 

Didn't a Derek Mason play for the Irish in the 90s?  I just googled this guy and it wasn't him.  But I remember that name from my childhood.

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Didn't a Derek Mason play for the Irish in the 90s?  I just googled this guy and it wasn't him.  But I remember that name from my childhood.

Derek Mayes was a WR in the 90s. I am guessing you might be thinking of him. 

• Heart 1