ND assistant coach / staff tracker

OKelleyIrish

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

If Day goes to the bears, perhaps there's still a chance. 

Usually the whole staff is shaken up if there is a head coaching change. What happened with Notre Dame last month was an anomaly. 

1 hour ago, Pregame said:

Seeing some non-verified Twitter chatter that Shepard will be the next WR coach. Who knows until more reliable sources post, but something to keep an eye on. 

Anyone know much about him?

Can he recruit more than 1 player every three years?

17 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Anyone know much about him?

Can he recruit more than 1 player every three years?

while the report is likely clout chasing bullshit, shepherd is clearly a real candidate for the position. I don’t think he’s even formally interviewed yet. 

Jamarcus Shepherd coached Rondale Moore and David Bell at Purdue, two pretty damn good WRs.

I think we have a lot of raw material for him to work with as Styles, Colzie, Thomas, Merriweather all seem to be very talented. It’ll be interesting to see how much the new WR coach can refine Lenzy in the next year, who will be playing motivated for an NFL future. 

I thought this article from Bryan Driskell was pretty good about Shepard.

https://www.si.com/college/notredame/.amp/football/notre-dame-football-needs-a-home-run-hire-at-wide-receivers-coach

I know that at least recently he has coached Bell and Moore both who caught over 1000 yards as freshmen. I was very impressed with Bell’s advancement specifically. I think he would be a good fit.

• Cheers 1

I'd agree that he is an excellent choice. In Purdue's bowl game vs Tennessee, Bel had opted out and another WR was out and the back up WR sran all over  the Vols' secondary all game long.  They were very well coached and stepped right in and the offense did not skip a beat!

24 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

I'd agree that he is an excellent choice. In Purdue's bowl game vs Tennessee, Bel had opted out and another WR was out and the back up WR sran all over  the Vols' secondary all game long.  They were very well coached and stepped right in and the offense did not skip a beat!

Yeah he’s a highly thought of wr coach, another younger guy that players seem to love playing for. 

9 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

The betting money seems to be on Shepherd and could even be a done deal. Supposed to interview tomorrow but could be just a formality.

I am not super familiar with Shephard but what little I do know leaves me confident that he'd be an upgrade. And, Coach D's seal of approval goes a long way, IMHO, given that he was himself a WR coach. 
Hope we seal the deal.

7 hours ago, soulpatch said:

I am not super familiar with Shephard but what little I do know leaves me confident that he'd be an upgrade. And, Coach D's seal of approval goes a long way, IMHO, given that he was himself a WR coach. 
Hope we seal the deal.

I think he would be pretty much a massive upgrade, from a pure coaching standpoint alone (but prob also in recruiting.)  We have some of the worst route running I've ever seen from big program WRs.  I think a guy like Lenzy might land up looking like a diff receiver under Shephard (if he gets the gig.)

2 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Idk shit about Shephard either.  I was hoping to land Wiggins just because if he is good enough for Saban he is good enough for me lol.

I am kind of in the same boat, but Bryan Driskell wrote a pretty dang good article on why Shephard is just as good, if not a better choice, than Wiggins. If it is one of them, I will be super happy.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 2

On 1/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

I'd like to see a rotation between the three of them to keep them fresh and keep all three at ND and not transferring.

Here’s a great video of shephard. 

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&tbm=vid&q=jamarcus+shepard+video&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiipqrN8ar1AhUNCs0KHc5zBwoQ8ccDKAJ6BAgGEAU&biw=390&bih=664&dpr=3#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:38c846e8,vid:H4cpgsSwZWY,st:0

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1