Kelly to LSU

The Captain 19

59 minutes ago, Dardo said:

Does it matter that ND is currently 10+ spots above LSU currently in ‘22 and ‘23? Because currently that’s the case per 247. 

LSU had decommits. It's also early for them. I know that sounds funny, but it's true. 

They only 13 commits. We have 22. It's likely they will close strong and win back some of the kids they lost. 

And their AVG is just as good as ours. We're winning on total points (volume). They also have two 5 star kids vs our 1, and one of their two happens to be a QB. 

And don't even pay attention to 2023 yet... Bama has zero 2023 commits. LSU has 1. Clemson has 1. They'll all pick up the pace. We got out of the gates early. The football factories don't make near as many early offers like we do. They limit their early offers typically to the elite kids. 

2 hours ago, NDLincPark said:

I am glad you can 'see it flipping' 

But, factually and in reality (not make-believe) LSU is recruiting better players

Kelly already has a 5 star QB coming into LSU next year, who has more talent and upside than any ND recruited QB in the last 35 years (Yes including Brady Quinn).

Are you comparing Coach O's PAST recruiting at LSU (including that 5* QB) to Kelly's PAST recruiting at ND while NDfanatic is looking ahead to comparing Kelly's FUTURE LSU recruiting to Freeman's FUTURE ND recruiting?

I know that if I needed to pick Kelly or Freeman as a recruiter, my money is on Freeman every time.

Also, in past "35 years", ND had recruited Jimmy Clausen .9968, Dayne Crist .9886, and Gunner Kiel .9878 who all were rated above Walker Howard and his .9837 rating. Given that Walker Howard has not yet thrown one pass in college, high school star rankings about the only thing that can be used to compare talent at this point. (unless of course, you are qualified to professionally scout QB talent)

Edited by jbrown_9999

10 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Are you comparing Coach O's PAST recruiting at LSU (including that 5* QB) to Kelly's PAST recruiting at ND while NDfanatic is looking ahead to comparing Kelly's FUTURE LSU recruiting to Freeman's FUTURE ND recruiting?

I know that if I needed to pick Kelly or Freeman as a recruiter, my money is on Freeman every time.

Also, in past "35 years", ND had recruited Jimmy Clausen .9968, Dayne Crist .9886, and Gunner Kiel .9878 who all were rated above Walker Howard and his .9837 rating. Given that Walker Howard has not yet thrown one pass in college, high school star rankings about the only thing that can be used to compare talent at this point. (unless of course, you are qualified to professionally scout QB talent)

Good Point.  LSU also had a can't miss 5* in Ryan Perrilloux .9968 (2005)

Edited by napadomer
  • Flames 1

One potential silver lining of popular opinion being seemingly against Kelly leaving ND to go to LSU when still having a chance of ND making the CFP, is that it might give ND a de facto tie breaker versus LSU if the two schools are ever vying for the #4 position in the CFP while Kelly is coaching the Tigers.

5 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

And don't even pay attention to 2023 yet... Bama has zero 2023 commits. LSU has 1. Clemson has 1. They'll all pick up the pace. We got out of the gates early. The football factories don't make near as many early offers like we do. They limit their early offers typically to the elite kids. 

The football factories absolutely get out and start recruiting kids early. This is common criticism of ND recruiting in the past that they were slow to start recruiting kids. Alabama has offered over 100 kids for the 2023 class. 

53 minutes ago, Pregame said:

The football factories absolutely get out and start recruiting kids early. This is common criticism of ND recruiting in the past that they were slow to start recruiting kids. Alabama has offered over 100 kids for the 2023 class. 

FFs start recruiting kids early, but they don't offer (actual actionable offers) as many early. There's a big difference. 

Bama's normal MO is to typically offer about 100 kids from the year after next's class (in this case 2023). And the good majority of those kids are top 10 at position. And an offer, isn't always an offer lol. Or at least one they can accept and commit to right away. Bama and some of the bigs are all infamous for slow playing, pulling offers, grey shirting, etc. etc..  We always see the late 5 star commits typically fall to the regular suspects. 

I don't have time to go back through this thread.. or any of the 80 other threads about BK to see if this has been posted yet.. but this is honestly one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I can't stop watching it.

Is he serious? How could this all be working out better for us? He's from Massachusetts and never coached in the south. Just.. *chef's kiss* for this asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Leprechaun 1

(Edit: rattlesnake, it looks like you posted this minutes before me. If you want some more laughs, read the comments in the link that I posted. )

It seems like every news article I read as blast in Kelly. But that might just be the algorithm knowing I am pissed at him

when I was listening to his press conference and his announcement in front of the players, I swear he was faking a southern accent. I miss one, it gets pretty bad and the comments are pretty funny!

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/brian-kelly-southern-accent-lsu-twitter-reacts

Edited by 97domer
  • Poo 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, 97domer said:

(Edit: rattlesnake, it looks like you posted this minutes before me. If you want some more laughs, read the comments in the link that I posted. )

It seems like every news article I read as blast in Kelly. But that might just be the algorithm knowing I am pissed at him

when I was listening to his press conference and his announcement in front of the players, I swear he was faking a southern accent. I miss one, it gets pretty bad and the comments are pretty funny!

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/brian-kelly-southern-accent-lsu-twitter-reacts

Yosemite Kelly 

• Leprechaun 1

14 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

One thing's for certain, this move is a decided step down for Walker. Kelly's QB Whisperer vibe will not be doing that poor kid any favors.

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  What a fucking tool.  You fake ass bitch.  Good riddance you egotistical pathetic man. 

Lol - thought the same thing!  It sounds like he is being roasted by LSU fans already who are probably saying the same thing.

• Cheers 1