Jump to content

Kelly to LSU


The Captain 19
 Share

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, ndmike88 said:

Saw this and it made me laugh...."Here at LSU we fire coaches that have won National Championships so we can hire one that hasn't".

It’s pretty obvious the previous 2 had to go. Miles bc of off the field issues and Orgeron bc he was an idiot. 
 

I have zero clue how any LSU fan could be upset with the Kelly hire but somehow happy they hired Orgeron. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


New #LSU Head Coach Brian Kelly has very interesting clauses in his deal. If he wins a title, firing him would cause an automatic payout of 100% of his remaining salary (LSU has fired Les Miles and Ed Orgeron after winning titles). He gets 90% of it the remaining balance if he’s fired without cause. 
 
His base salary is 10 years/$95M
 
BONUSES INCLUDE:
 
$75K for the SEC Championship Game OR
$150K for winning it
 
$500K “Longevity bonus” annually
 
$500K for being bowl eligible +
$100K for a NY6 Bowl appearance OR
$200K for a Playoff appearance OR
$300K for a National Title appearance OR
$500K for winning it all
 
$50K for SEC Coach of the year + 
$75K for National Coach of the Year
 
Additional academic achievement bonuses of $25K each
 
He owes $2M to LSU if he leaves voluntarily
 
Kelly also receives:
-Two courtesy vehicles OR two vehicle allowances of $1,000 a month
 
-Interest free home loan of 20% of the home price up to $1.2M 
 
-50 hours per year of private jet time on LSU’s jets
 
Per Justin Time Sports
Edited by reneg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, NDLincPark said:

LSU 3 National Championships in the last 20 years

ND 0 in the last 30+ Years. 

bUt THiS iS a LaTeraL MOvE fOr KeLLy!  Lol, our fans are so delusional. 

That is a terrible way of looking at things. You sound like ESPN using arbitrary numbers and dates. Why not go all the way back and compare National Titles? Who has sucked terribly the last two years? The only thing that matters is what have you dont recently and LSU is in bad shape right now, ND is not. If you want to talk about the distant past, make sure you talk about the entire distant past instead of cherry-picking what helps your agenda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NDhoosier said:

That is a terrible way of looking at things. You sound like ESPN using arbitrary numbers and dates. Why not go all the way back and compare National Titles? Who has sucked terribly the last two years? The only thing that matters is what have you dont recently and LSU is in bad shape right now, ND is not. If you want to talk about the distant past, make sure you talk about the entire distant past instead of cherry-picking what helps your agenda.

Right, and if you look back before Saban they haven’t won a championship since 1958. Saban brought them back from purgatory. They haven’t been this juggernaut for most years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ELDER06 said:

It’s pretty obvious the previous 2 had to go. Miles bc of off the field issues and Orgeron bc he was an idiot. 
 

I have zero clue how any LSU fan could be upset with the Kelly hire but somehow happy they hired Orgeron. 

Orgeron on also had off field issues. He didn’t hold players accountable or something with sexual allegations I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Orgeron on also had off field issues. He didn’t hold players accountable or something with sexual allegations I believe. 

To say the least. LSU is being accused/sued for A) failure to sufficiently respond to sexual assault allegations and/or B) actively sweeping them under the rug. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Week of Nov 29, 2021
How it started:
Oh No Reaction GIF by WWE

vince mcmahon rage GIF by WWE

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

How it's going:
vince mcmahon GIF

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Just occurring to me that having lost a coach 72 hours ago, I'm already at a point where I can just worry about how games play out this weekend and the push to early signing period. Man, top-10 all time volatile weeks in ND football history.

  • Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, soulpatch said:

Week of Nov 29, 2021
How it started:
Oh No Reaction GIF by WWE

vince mcmahon rage GIF by WWE

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

How it's going:
vince mcmahon GIF

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Just occurring to me that having lost a coach 72 hours ago, I'm already at a point where I can just worry about how games play out this weekend and the push to early signing period. Man, top-10 all time volatile weeks in ND football history.

This is classic and I love it. I need to send this to my friend who is a big wrestling and ND fan. How can I do it?  Anybody?

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coltssb said:

This is classic and I love it. I need to send this to my friend who is a big wrestling and ND fan. How can I do it?  Anybody?

Go to the post you want. Click the three dots on the top right. Click Share. Copy the link or use the buttons.

Here's the URL to that post:

https://www.domerdomain.com/forum/topic/52509-kelly-to-lsu/?do=findComment&comment=737938

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

That is a terrible way of looking at things. You sound like ESPN using arbitrary numbers and dates. Why not go all the way back and compare National Titles? Who has sucked terribly the last two years? The only thing that matters is what have you dont recently and LSU is in bad shape right now, ND is not. If you want to talk about the distant past, make sure you talk about the entire distant past instead of cherry-picking what helps your agenda.

LSU 2019-2021  3 straight top 5 Recruiting Classes 

ND 2019-2021   15th, 9th, 14th - So an average of about 12th/year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

Have you heard Orgeron speak??? It’s like turning The Waterboy into a weekly series after they hired him… high comedy! 

That always drove me insane. Why do I give a damn if he talks funny? He’s a lousy head coach. I think Leach gets away with that a lot too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NDLincPark said:

LSU 2019-2021  3 straight top 5 Recruiting Classes 

ND 2019-2021   15th, 9th, 14th - So an average of about 12th/year. 

I could see that flipping in the next 3 years.

Kelly in deep thought - "I can't recruit myself, I guess I will go somewhere where the previous staff did it for me"

I really have no idea what the future holds for any of these teams and coaches but thats the great thing no one dose. I do know where ND was and ND was maxed out with Kelly. Whether LSU is a step up for him we shall see. All I know is I am behind the new head coach and staff 100% and the one thing Freeman will do is bring a dramatic upgrade to recruiting. Everything else we shall see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

I could see that flipping in the next 3 years.

Kelly in deep thought - "I can't recruit myself, I guess I will go somewhere where the previous staff did it for me"

I really have no idea what the future holds for any of these teams and coaches but thats the great thing no one dose. I do know where ND was and ND was maxed out with Kelly. Whether LSU is a step up for him we shall see. All I know is I am behind the new head coach and staff 100% and the one thing Freeman will do is bring a dramatic upgrade to recruiting. Everything else we shall see.

I am glad you can 'see it flipping' 

But, factually and in reality (not make-believe) LSU is recruiting better players

Kelly already has a 5 star QB coming into LSU next year, who has more talent and upside than any ND recruited QB in the last 35 years (Yes including Brady Quinn).

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NDLincPark said:

I am glad you can 'see it flipping' 

But, factually and in reality (not make-believe) LSU is recruiting better players

Kelly already has a 5 star QB coming into LSU next year, who has more talent and upside than any ND recruited QB in the last 35 years (Yes including Brady Quinn).

 

 

 

You know how many 5 star QBs I have heard that about in the last 35 years and  how many were busts. He could be the next Trevor Lawrence or he could flame out. Talent isn't the thing that makes some reach their potential. Keep talking definitives like you know the future. If you are so great when is the next Stock market crash? When is Jesus coming back? When will the world end? Please enlighten me with your all knowing powers of future events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NDLincPark said:

I am glad you can 'see it flipping' 

But, factually and in reality (not make-believe) LSU is recruiting better players

Kelly already has a 5 star QB coming into LSU next year, who has more talent and upside than any ND recruited QB in the last 35 years (Yes including Brady Quinn).

 

 

 

Does it matter that ND is currently 10+ spots above LSU currently in ‘22 and ‘23? Because currently that’s the case per 247. 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rocketsan said:

Fairuza Balk goes against every convention of what I usually am attracted to, but She could pee on me for funsies…

Her and Mr T share my birthday. It’s quite amusing if that ever comes up and people are like Fairuza who?…

  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

You know how many 5 star QBs I have heard that about in the last 35 years and  how many were busts. He could be the next Trevor Lawrence or he could flame out. Talent isn't the thing that makes some reach their potential. Keep talking definitives like you know the future. If you are so great when is the next Stock market crash? When is Jesus coming back? When will the world end? Please enlighten me with your all knowing powers of future events.

5 star doesn't mean the recruit will be amazing, but the chances of them busting is a lot lower than that of a 3 or 4 star recruit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...