What to Watch - Week 13

I am starting this a day early because there is a Friday game worth watching... and I am sitting here at my parent's house kind of bored at the moment (I probably wont have much time later). There should be some good quality games this week. However, last week, all my morning and afternoon games turned out to be blowouts. lol

Friday Games

2:30 (ABC) - #4 Cincinnati at East Carolina - East Carolina is a decent team, but #4 is on the road. They played super well last week, will that continue or will they play down to their opponent?
6:00 (ESPN) - North Carolina at #20 NC State - Could be a good game and resume builder for Notre Dame.

Morning Games

11:00 (ABC) - #1 Georgia at Georgia Tech - Not that I think there will be an upset, but it could interesting to see how the #1 team plays them only a week later.
11:00 (FOX) - #2 Ohio State at #5 Michigan - Will decide who goes to the B1G championship and control their own destiny. I firmly believe the loser (no matter who it is), is knocked out of the playoff picture.
11:00 (FS1) - Texas Tech at #8 Baylor - Hopefully this game is close. I do NOT think Baylor will jump us with 2 losses even if they win the Big12.
11:00 (ESPN2) - #18 Wake Forest at Boston College - Could be a fun game to watch if the others in the morning are blowouts.

Afternoon Games

2:30 (CBS) - #3 Alabama at Auburn - Iron Bowl... Auburn has nothing to lose, they are at home, and Bama has shown they are not invincible. Can the chaos continue with another upset here?
2:30 (ESPN) - Oregon State at #11 Oregon - Not really playoff worthy, but could be a close game to watch
2:30 (ABC) - Penn State at #12 Michigan St - Two teams that are so inconsistent, the Iron Bowl is a blowout, this could be a game to entertain you.
3:00 (FOX) - #14 Wisconsin at Minnesota - This will decide the other half of the B1G championship.  Rooting for Wisconsin here.

Evening Games

6:00 (ESPN) - #15 Texas A&M at LSU - Could be a fun game, maybe an upset will happen. LSU has been terrible, but they do have talent.
6:30 (ABC) - #10 Oklahoma at #7 Oklahoma State - Massive implications for us start here. Still think we need OK State to lose in the next two weeks or they will jump us.
7:00 (FOX) - #6 Notre Dame at Stanford - Go Irish!!
9:30 (ESPN) - #13 BYU at USC - If you need a late game to watch, this or the CAL v UCLA (FS1) game should be a decent choice.

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Let's go ECU!!!

I'm starting to get a strange gut feeling that scUM will do better than I originally thought. Hope not.

If you originally thought they would lose by 100, I think you are right they will do better. I have a tough time seeing them not lose by a lot in this game. I would be surprised if they lose by less than 3 scores.

33 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

If you originally thought they would lose by 100, I think you are right they will do better. I have a tough time seeing them not lose by a lot in this game. I would be surprised if they lose by less than 3 scores.

IDK. I first thought OSU would beat them by 17-21ish. 

Then I remembered OSU's last road game was 26-17 over Nebraska... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

IDK. I first thought OSU would beat them by 17-21ish. 

Then I remembered OSU's last road game was 26-17 over Nebraska... 

Or any true test they seem to struggle.  Im not talking about Mich. St.  I called that way before it happened.  Worst pass defense in the nation vs. one of the best pass offenses.  Michigan will no doubt play them tough.  I think they can pull off the upset honestly.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

a 2 loss Ohio State team should drop Notre Dame and OK State at least. Not worried about a 2 loss B1G team.

I’m not saying they’ll land ahead of the Irish, just that they may land 6-8 with a close loss.  An OSU blowout knocks Michigan out of top 10.  That’s all. 

9 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Let's go ECU!!!

I'm starting to get a strange gut feeling that scUM will do better than I originally thought. Hope not.

I really do believe that Cincinnati losing only hurts Notre Dame, so I don’t know why you were cheering for ECU.  I also think that if Cincinnati loses, it would allow Alabama to sneak in, even with a loss to Georgia.  This is of course assuming they beat Auburn, which I feel will happen because Auburn is not good.  I’m also worried about Georgia losing to Alabama, because you know two SEC teams would be in…probably no matter what.  Man, let’s hope not!

But the only way I see Notre Dame getting into the CFP is Notre Dame beating Stanford, Georgia beating Alabama, Ohio State beating Michigan, and Baylor winning the Big 12.

These last two weekends should be very interesting.

19 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I really do believe that Cincinnati losing only hurts Notre Dame, so I don’t know why you were cheering for ECU.  I also think that if Cincinnati loses, it would allow Alabama to sneak in, even with a loss to Georgia.  This is of course assuming they beat Auburn, which I feel will happen because Auburn is not good.  I’m also worried about Georgia losing to Alabama, because you know two SEC teams would be in…probably no matter what.  Man, let’s hope not!

But the only way I see Notre Dame getting into the CFP is Notre Dame beating Stanford, Georgia beating Alabama, Ohio State beating Michigan, and Baylor winning the Big 12.

You can add in Houston beating Cinci for good measure. A close loss to UGA and don’t be shocked if Bama gets in. 

• Like 1

ya, the reason we were rooting against Cincinnati was to help Notre Dame's chances to get into the CFP. Big12 Champ is a threat to jump us and if Alabama beats Georgia, ND will need some help. Cincy losing at this point only helps Notre Dame.

Edited by NDhoosier

6 hours ago, coltssb said:

Or any true test they seem to struggle.  Im not talking about Mich. St.  I called that way before it happened.  Worst pass defense in the nation vs. one of the best pass offenses.  Michigan will no doubt play them tough.  I think they can pull off the upset honestly.  

Honestly nothing would surprise me. I could see OSU bitch slapping them by 20+. Or I could see scUM get a win at home.

Michigan's O has gotten a lot better since the start of the year. Hopefully it'll be a fun game.

Not sure what I want to happen. I love seeing Michigan lose, but I also am tired of OSU's dominance in the B10.

My dream scenario to help ND make the playoffs (which I really would prefer a NY6 game) would be a Michigan win over OSU, and then Michigan losing to Wiscy in the B10C. Wiscy would have a lot better chance vs Michigan than OSU.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, Baldy said:

All the predictive models show a Cinci loss doesn't impact ND. 

Sure it's a discussion point for the committee, but would be a minor one.

Making room within the top 4 right now, is a lot more important than that.

A two loss Bama getting in over ND would have a lot more to do with ND getting destroyed every time they get into the CFP, than because Cinci lost a game. I still don't see a two loss Bama getting in over a one loss ND or one loss P5 conference champion.

1 hour ago, ndomer4 said:

You can add in Houston beating Cinci for good measure. A close loss to UGA and don’t be shocked if Bama gets in. 

I was thinking that too.  Yikes!

33 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

All the predictive models show a Cinci loss doesn't impact ND. 

Sure it's a discussion point for the committee, but would be a minor one.

Making room within the top 4 right now, is a lot more important than that.

A two loss Bama getting in over ND would have a lot more to do with ND getting destroyed every time they get into the CFP, than because Cinci lost a game. I still don't see a two loss Bama getting in over a one loss ND or one loss P5 conference champion.

Cincinnati losing still worries me, even if Notre Dame is always a big draw.  Last season, Notre Dame vs Alabama was the closest CFP game.  It was a 17 point loss for Notre Dame, but that bull crap illegal motion call on Chris Tyree took a TD off the board.  It really should have only been a 10 point loss.

But anyway, I do agree that a two loss Alabama would not get in over Notre Dame.  I would hope so at least, but Alabama always seems to get the benefit of the doubt.  I just don’t know and we can’t trust the committee.

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

I was thinking that too.  Yikes!

Cincinnati losing still worries me, even if Notre Dame is always a big draw.  Last season, Notre Dame vs Alabama was the closest CFP game.  It was a 17 point loss for Notre Dame, but that bull crap illegal motion call on Chris Tyree took a TD off the board.  It really should have only been a 10 point loss.

But anyway, I do agree that a two loss Alabama would not get in over Notre Dame.  I would hope so at least, but Alabama always seems to get the benefit of the doubt.  I just don’t know and we can’t trust the committee.

on ND/Bama last year... It was 31-7 until we scored very late in the 4th... 

not going to complain as I think Bama took the foot off the gas anyway

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Anyone watching College Gameday right now?  Geez.  What a story about Saban and the tornado.  All of a sudden I don’t feel so mad about Alabama winning.  

I have always been a fan of Saban. A go-to-church-every-day Catholic, he sure would have looked good in blue and gold. 

Saban on how Catholic faith affects his coaching

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

on ND/Bama last year... It was 31-7 until we scored very late in the 4th... 

not going to complain as I think Bama took the foot off the gas anyway

Sure, but it doesn’t change the fact it was the closest game.

I’m not either, but when has Saban and Alabama been known for taking their foot off the gas.  I think it was just a good job by Clark Lea to adjust after halftime and slow them down.  I mean, you don’t normally continue to pass the ball around and keep your starters in when you’re taking your foot off the gas, which is exactly what Alabama did.

I know I’m mincing hairs here, but Alabama was really good last year, and it showed after that total beat down on tOSU.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I’m not either, but when has Saban and Alabama been known for taking their foot off the gas.  I think it was just a good job by Clark Lea to adjust after halftime and slow them down.  I mean, you don’t normally continue to pass the ball around and keep your starters in when you’re taking your foot off the gas, which is exactly what Alabama did.

I know I’m mincing hairs here, but Alabama was really good last year, and it showed after that total beat down on tOSU.

I though Saban let up in that game too. 

54 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Totally thought the foot came off the gas late 3rd once they went up 28-7. 

And felt like he was totally trying to take it easy on Najee. Dude had 8+ ypc, but only got 15 carries.

I also think Saban has a bit of a soft spot for ND. Jones and Harris were dominating us in every way. Could have been much worse IMO.