2021 Week 13 Rankings

Just now, TexasDomer said:

OSU loses, they won’t drop past 5.   Because they lost to 5.   Michigan loses we move up one.

GA loses to Bama, they don’t drop past 5 either

Regardless, we don’t get to 4

OSU 2 losses.  Bama 2 losses.  It depends what kind of game it is.  But this why I am hoping Bama loses a rivalry game with Auburn this weekend.  Won't matter what happens after that.  And lets be honest.  Michigan is not beating Ohio State lol.

Just now, TexasDomer said:

OSU loses, they won’t drop past 5.   Because they lost to 5.   Michigan loses we move up one.

GA loses to Bama, they don’t drop past 5 either

Regardless, we don’t get to 4

But thats the automatic scenario. Say if UC loses to Houston or Bama loses to Auburn I know long shots but possible

This is pretty straightforward IMO.....Michigan being ahead one spot means little,,,,They lose to ohio state and thats that...they win and OSU drops....they are NOT getting top 4 with two losses.

Same is true of Bama.....they are not staying ahead of us with two losses

bama loses to georgia..OSU beats michigan we will make number 4

Cinci loss to houston would also give us insurance

The only monkey wrenches i see are a bama win over georgia...or a leap frog by the big 12 team.

I still see us with 50/50 chance at worst

If we were 5 ahead of michigan it would not mean much in the big picture

we will be 5 next week.....with bama osu and cinci all still playing games they could lose

why some of you think a two loss team bama or big 10 gets in ahead of us is just WRONG....that will not happen and thats a guarantee.

aloha

Edited by hawaiiirish
  • Like 3
  • Leprechaun 2

Just now, hawaiiirish said:

This is pretty straightforward IMO.....Michigan being ahead one spot means little,,,,They lose to ohio state and thats that...they win and OSU drops....they are NOT getting top 4 with two losses.

Same is true of Bama.....they are not staying ahead of us with two losses

bama loses to georgia..OSU beats michigan we will make number 4

Cinci loss to houston would also give us insurance

The only monkey wrenches i see are a bama win over georgia...or a leap frog by the big 12 team.

I still see us with 50/50 chance at worst

If we were 5 ahead of michigan it would not mean much in the big picture

we will be 5 next week.....with bama osu and cinci all still playing games they could lose

aloha

Thats how I feel myself. @hawaiiirish! All ND can control is beating stanford and posting 11-1. I'm happy that ND has a chance

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Georgia beats Alabama 

OSU beats Michigan 

ND in the playoff

i think ND has great chance and I don’t even think ND belongs this year.

It comes down to this. Then it’s a resume battle with Okie State/Oklahoma. I think we win that.

• Like 1

First and foremost, we need to take care of our own business with Stanford.  It wouldn't be the first time we had high hopes going into Palo Alto the last weekend of the season with high expectations for the post season and ended up leaving California with a loss.  

2 minutes ago, SDIrishFan said:

It comes down to this. Then it’s a resume battle with Okie State/Oklahoma. I think we win that.

The only thing that keeps ND out is a Big 12 1 loss champion or ND losing to Stanford. I think the Irish’s chances are good in both scenarios. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeyD said:

What if Michigan was to miraculously beat OSU and then gets beat by Wisconsin in the B10 title game! B10 would be out.

I think there are more scenarios the Irish make it in then scenarios in which they are left out. Your example is just another one in which the Irish are in definitely if it plays out that way.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ndfanatic78 said:

Georgia beats Alabama 

OSU beats Michigan 

ND in the playoff

i think ND has great chance and I don’t even think ND belongs this year.

If OK or OK St win out, the probabilities have both jumping us. Would need OK to win this week, and OK St to win the rematch. Or OK St to win this weekend, and then lose to likely Baylor.

I think this is UGA's best chance to win the SEC in a long long time. Elite D. But I also know they haven't played an O nearly as talented as Bama's this year. And I've been around too long to ever count out Saban or Bama.

We don't need a ton of help, but we do need some.

I wouldn't be shocked if Houston were to upset Cinci either. ECU could even give them some fits. Cinci should win, but ECU is a scrappy team that keeps in games. 

Won't be surprised either way. If we back slide into the CFP, won't be mad. I'd prefer to stay ranked 5th, and win a NY bowl.

• Like 1

But also this.  We're all talking about scenarios that need to play out to ensure we get into the friggin College Football Playoff.  Guys.  3-4 months ago we were all talking how we would be happy with an 8-4 season with all the talent that graduated or got drafted.  Ecstatic with 9-3 or 10-2.  Here we are with a chance to go 11-1 and a shot to get into the playoff and 10-2 would now be a disappointment.  What a season we ended up with, eh?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Well we'll see ND still has a shot not a great one but a shot

OSU beats Michigan, Georgia beats Alabama, ND wins convincingly against Stanford. I think we are in before a 2 loss Alabama and a 1 loss OS

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

First and foremost, we need to take care of our own business with Stanford.  It wouldn't be the first time we had high hopes going into Palo Alto the last weekend of the season with high expectations for the post season and ended up leaving California with a loss.  

Exactly but boy does that ever bring back bad memories. Probably the most talented team Kelly has had by far IMO, ruined by BVG.  That team could have won the title if not for him.  

Okie State/OU with one loss will be close. I hope we don’t have to deal with that type of anxiety. 

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I have not read all of the posts diligently and this may have been said already. I apologize if it has. I truly believe that if Notre Dame goes into Palo Alto and curb stomps Stanford and Cincinnati wins out with standard wins, nd has A realistic shot of jumping Cincinnati.

Cincinnati’s strength of schedule is just freaking awful and the committee knows that.  If those two played right now Notre Dame would win more than likely.  Notre Dame also makes them a shit load ton of money more than Cincinnati.  I truly believe there is a scenario that Notre Dame Jumps Cincinnati even if they don’t lose.  What say you?

Edited by Domers23

12 minutes ago, Domers23 said:

I have not read all of the posts diligently and this may have been said already. I apologize if it has. I truly believe that if Notre Dame goes into Palo Alto and curb stomps Stanford and Cincinnati wins out with standard wins, nd has A realistic shot of jumping Cincinnati.

Cincinnati’s strength of schedule is just freaking awful and the committee knows that.  If those two played right now Notre Dame would win more than likely.  Notre Dame also makes them a shit load ton of money more than Cincinnati.  I truly believe there is a scenario that Notre Dame Jumps Cincinnati even if they don’t lose.  What say you?

Houston is #24 in the CFP rankings so if Cincinnati beats Houston, it probably counts for more than a big ND win vs Stanford.

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Houston is #24 in the CFP rankings so if Cincinnati beats Houston, it probably counts for more than a big ND win vs Stanford.

Yup. Houston is a pretty good team too.

IMO, a close win vs Houston would be more than fine. Now if they struggle vs ECU this weekend, and we dominate, I could see things tightening a bit. 

IMO though, we just need to hope for Bama to lose to UGA, OSU to win out, and the Big12 to knock each other out. None of those things are crazy. 

• Like 2