ND -11 vs Stanford

21 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

ND never plays well out West. On paper, ND should win easily, but Stanford would love nothing more than to play spoiler to ND. I think this is going to be a tough game.

It is true we struggle out there and usually I would agree but this Stanford team has reached a new low. If ND can’t beat Stanford they don’t even deserve a NY6 bowl. 

40 minutes ago, ELDER06 said:

ND never plays well out West. On paper, ND should win easily, but Stanford would love nothing more than to play spoiler to ND. I think this is going to be a tough game.

I agree. ND has occasionally struggled against poor competition. 

I just took an early look at the opponent no names just numbers as is my custom.

Stanford is outscored by their opponents by over 10 points. 31-21

Stanford is uncharacteristically out rushed by their opponents by 2.5 yards per carry or about 1700 yards

Stanford barely out passes their opponent

http://cfbstats.com/2021/team/674/index.html

That said, don't overlook them, road west coast games are historically trap games as @ELDER06said.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SDIrishFan said:

Thats such a big key. Rees as we saw from the Iowa State Bowl game forward likes to run the football. He's a great play caller if and when ND can run the ball. Like every other OC in the country excluding the Mike Leach's of the world who value spreading the ball out and first down's more then they care what type of play it is,.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Thats such a big key. Rees as we saw from the Iowa State Bowl game forward likes to run the football. He's a great play caller if and when ND can run the ball. Like every other OC in the country excluding the Mike Leach's of the world who value spreading the ball out and first down's more then they care what type of play it is,.  

When you have the horses we have these days and some improvement on the OL, saddle up and ride.  

• Like 2

More people bet on the Notre Dame to cover the spread.

The first line was like 11.5 and a lot of people bet on Notre Dame covering that spread, so they raised it to 17.5 I think. It seems most people bet that ND covers that as well. 

Edited by NDhoosier

21 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

More people bet on the Notre Dame to cover the spread.

The first line was like 11.5 and a lot of people bet on Notre Dame covering that spread, so they raised it to 17.5 I think. It seems most people bet that ND covers that as well. 

So the people that got in at the 11.5 price are really happy.. Makes sense Thanks I don't bet.