LSU plane in South Bend

7 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

AD’s absolutely think in those terms, especially. Even bama with Saban, I would bet my house, car, and bank account that they have a short list in case anything ever happens to saban 

I would hope so. It just seems odd that all these teams have a short list and then all of a sudden it’s who’s “hot now.”  For instance, Florida last year probably didn’t have an eye on Napier as their coach. But as things unfolded and they didn’t want to miss the boat, they chose the “hot coaching candidate” in Napier. He was probably not there short list of other big names. But they were scrambling.  I think it’s that way for all AD’s. They aren’t expecting to have a bad season and fire their coach. They aren’t expecting their coach to jet to another school. Which they should in this day and age. 
I bet if you ask Jack who’s on his short list he wouldn’t have a clue. He would just say Kelly’s my man. Then if Kelly bolted he would begin his search. Which would be stupid if that’s the case. 

9 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I would hope so. It just seems odd that all these teams have a short list and then all of a sudden it’s who’s “hot now.”  For instance, Florida last year probably didn’t have an eye on Napier as their coach. But as things unfolded and they didn’t want to miss the boat, they chose the “hot coaching candidate” in Napier. He was probably not there short list of other big names. But they were scrambling.  I think it’s that way for all AD’s. They aren’t expecting to have a bad season and fire their coach. They aren’t expecting their coach to jet to another school. Which they should in this day and age. 
I bet if you ask Jack who’s on his short list he wouldn’t have a clue. He would just say Kelly’s my man. Then if Kelly bolted he would begin his search. Which would be stupid if that’s the case. 

Good points but I disagree about Jack not knowing and starting his search if Kelly bolted. Had a close friend that was an assistant AD at an ACC school that also grew up a huge ND fan. They plan these year after year as contingency plans. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Are you sure. I don’t think athletic directors think in those terms. Why else do you always see teams struggle to find coaches when they bolt or get fired?  It always seems teams are in a mad scramble and like us here, naming the big names at that time. When in reality, they should be keeping an eye out for new coaches yearly. Just in case…

Just because someone has a list, doesn't mean that the people on the list will make a move. The problem is that the list might need to be longer than originally planned (hence the scrambling)

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

AD’s absolutely think in those terms, especially. Even bama with Saban, I would bet my house, car, and bank account that they have a short list in case anything ever happens to saban 

Oh yes as a matter of fact any business should have a “disaster recovery plan” in place and updated at least annually. Where all key resources to their business are identified and what is the recovery plan if a disaster occurs and eliminates one of the key resources. 

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Just because someone has a list, doesn't mean that the people on the list will make a move. The problem is that the list might need to be longer than originally planned (hence the scrambling)

Agree with this. I also think that some people on these lists are not even true candidates. It’s not common for a Riley type move to happen. 

5 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

It's fun reading the comments on the athletic article.  Thanks for posting.

These are fun

Well, we'd certainly be putting "LSU recruits itself" to the test.

I think the status LSU’s current class suggests it doesn’t recruit itself.

I am currently scrolling through ND's 2022 recruits, and very much liking what I see. If this happens I guess we'll see what program recruits itself better.

ND would take Fickell, and Freeman would return to Cincinnati as head coach.

20 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Hope ND tries to match whatever offer would come

Some of his renegotiations when other teams came calling weren’t just about his contract.. he got jack to increase the budget for his staff..

reportedly freeman is getting 2.5 

would be the most Notre dame shit to happen just as he got the admin to pony up for the football program and get on board with recruiting that he’d leave.

I just hope he doesn’t.